1/6 Hot Toys: RoboCop - Alex Murphy unmasked (Battle Damaged)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
of course just one more accessory we need to go with the bd damaged Robocop...

one 1/6th scale 1986 ford Taurus. You gave us the delorean ht now give us this beaut...

i006739.jpg

one 1/6th scale 1986 ford Taurus. You gave us the delorean ht now give us this beaut...

View attachment 125049

This would be a dream come true. As well as making Robo fit in it... Well, he seems to be able to sit on the chair just fine..

View attachment 125049
I agree, I hope they do this... and I hope the TIRES aren't made from a cheap rubber that degrades. One thing though- I read somewhere that it was a 1987, not 86. There was a 'Robo-mobile' that was originally used, but turned out to look silly on camera. So, Verhoeven used the brand new '87 Taurus that was just released during the later shooting phases of the film, as a last-minute substitute.

Yikes. This thread is giving me terrible flashbacks. I used to have a 95 Taurus. Worst car I've ever owned. Cost a fortune in constant repairs before finally dying.

:lol

This would be a dream come true. As well as making Robo fit in it... Well, he seems to be able to sit on the chair just fine..

Ya but in the movie Robo actually does NOT fit in the car...I believe they had to remove all the lower armor so Peter could actually sit in the car.

Funny how we expect HT to defy 'movie magic' all the time.

Ya but in the movie Robo actually does NOT fit in the car...I believe they had to remove all the lower armor so Peter could actually sit in the car.

I don't think anyone expect them to defy anything. Batman '89 is a very tonight fit in the Batmobile, and I'm sure most display them separately. I'd do the same with this if it happens.

HT could simply make the backrest a soft material with a vinyl cover, (like the real thing) and the lower seat removable. Under that have a molded floor impression that the legs and butt fit into, coated with a soft cover material to protect Robo from scratching.

The design of the car just isn't iconic enough for me to even consider. It's nothing like say the Delorian or the Batmobile. Were they made, I don't think HT'd sell many.

Yeah that's true. That's why you only see scenes of him getting in halfway into the car or getting out halfway. He actually wore a pair of boxer shorts and just the top of the Robocop suit during filming of the driving scenes lol.

The design of the car just isn't iconic enough for me to even consider. It's nothing like say the Delorian or the Batmobile. Were they made, I don't think HT'd sell many.

Sure it doesn't have the sleek look of the delorean or batmobile but its definetly a recognisable car and worth ht efforts. I think it would be superb with all the lights flashing which ht could add and would make a great backdrop for the figure. Id say it would sell very well to be honest.

There was a 'Robo-mobile' that was originally used, but turned out to look silly on camera. So, Verhoeven used the brand new '87 Taurus that was just released during the later shooting phases of the film, as a last-minute substitute.

Some of the concept cars built and designs for the original:

Roboconst1.jpg

robocopcar1.jpg

robocopcar2.jpg

robocopcarinterior.jpg

robocopcar3.jpg

RoboCopFinal.jpg

robocop11.jpg

some suv ideas explored from the first film. Interesting to see robo could of had an suv!

robocop7.jpg

robocop8.jpg

Last edited:
Sure it doesn't have the sleek look of the delorean or batmobile but its definetly a recognisable car and worth ht efforts. I think it would be superb with all the lights flashing which ht could add and would make a great backdrop for the figure. Id say it would sell very well to be honest.
To me it just looks like a generic cop car. Agreed it would be a nice backdrop (the lights would be cool) in the same way a black/white cop car would look great behind a T1000, but I just don't find the design of the car itself to be iconic. Thanks for the pics, btw, always love seeing the concept art and works in progress.

To me it just looks like a generic cop car. Agreed it would be a nice backdrop (the lights would be cool) in the same way a black/white cop car would look great behind a T1000, but I just don't find the design of the car itself to be iconic. Thanks for the pics, btw, always love seeing the concept art and works in progress.

Speaking of the t1000 car here's his chevy caprice he steals from the police officer in T2. I customised it for a background display with the t1000 ht figure.

14109250986_047e9c255b_h.jpg

13943162468_d2132d44b3_h.jpg

i002872.jpg

I just think background props in this case vehicles really adds to a display of figures as would be the case with Mad max, Robocop Terminator or back to the future. Who wouldn't say the liquid nitrogen truck or swat team van from terminator 2 wouldn't add to a figure. Sure they aren't as aesthetically pleasing as say a ford falcon, Delorean or batmobile but would make great displays just for their movie accuracy.

Last edited:
When do you guys think they will be releasing this figure?

I am guessing it would not be as long a wait as the original Robocop when it was first announced or even any of the new figure concepts (eg. Ripley).
I am making this guess as this Robocop is the clean Robocop modified, and is not starting a figure from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back