1/6 Hot Toys: RoboCop - Alex Murphy unmasked (Battle Damaged)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this head scalp will fit on the clean versions body
When the MMS204 starts showing up in-hand, if the neck and head can be pulled off like an Iron Man figure, I'd say yup.

I seriously do wonder if the Murphy head is going to have any articulation, however. Looks awfully static in the photos so far.

I concur with Franpincho on this. I can't fathom only having a BD Robocop. Pristine Robocop is such an excellent design, that movie poster....

How long do you guys think it'll take before a clean version is announced With the Weller sculpt? Cause I'd rather wait that out lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

That'd be a Robocop 2 figure. Might happen, might never happen.
Lol or they might just do the first 1 again with the heads swapped. At which point buying the first two makes sense or buying the second one. I wish they would've made a deluxe version with swap out covers and charged us like $450 that way we could've just bought one with all the accessories

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I concur with Franpincho on this. I can't fathom only having a BD Robocop. Pristine Robocop is such an excellent design, that movie poster....
Yeah it is - & I also dig the hell out of it, but I ain't buying two figures. These things are stupid expensive (as you fully know), & this version just has way more pop than the previous 'poster' version.

Plus the gimmicks, lack of a nose & ugly stand **** me. :lol

Expense is a valid enough reason. I will not make any further attempt to instil second thoughts in your head.

In before ht releases a robocop 2 version that's just a repaint of the robocop 1 version(blue paint)

In before ht releases a robocop 2 version that's just a repaint of the robocop 1 version(blue paint)

As far as I know though the robocop2 suit other than the color is identical though, so a repaint is the only way to do it.
I prefer the look of the original suit best though and wouldn't even consider a RC2 version without robocain.

Yes the drill would be cool too.:duff

I'd say the drill would only be included if he had the helmet also.

I prefer the look of the original suit best though and wouldn't even consider a RC2 version without robocain.

Me too. I think the original is the best suit and the most iconic.

I'm sure the final product will look fine in the nose area.

And besides, 10 bucks says the Battle Damaged one has gimmicks. It certainly has the same stand. They'll be using the same body, so bet on electronic voices,

● “I'm not arresting you anymore.”
● “**** Jones is wanted for murder.”
● “My program will not allow me to act against an officer of this company.
● “I can feel them . . . but I can't remember them. ”
● “They'll fix you. They fix everything.”
● “Murphy . . . ”

It even has the larger button on the back just like the regular. Granted the Robocop voices aren't a Hot Toys employee talking with an Asian accent and they're the REAL voices of Peter Weller as Robocop, it'll be glorious.

I'm sure the final product will look fine in the nose area.

I think it's already fine:

Kuat of Kuat said:
With reference to the 'no nose' issue, I just noticed this at the end of one of the TV series episodes:

The helmet is thinner in that area to accommodate the nose. So even if the faceplates weren't fully pushed in on the display figure, it may not look too wrong?

Yeah it is - & I also dig the hell out of it, but I ain't buying two figures. These things are stupid expensive (as you fully know), & this version just has way more pop than the previous 'poster' version.

I fully concur. This version is the only version to own for me. I thought long and hard about getting the clean version as well as the bd version but in the end I couldn't justify having 2 Robocop's on display. It would just look silly, its overkill and it would take away from either figure having 2 side by side. I'm looking for the definitive version of Robocop and for me the bd version is where its at. The detail on it is fantastic. Most importantly reason though is that it frees up much needed cash for other things.

Last edited:
Well I only plan on getting this one.

Like others have said...we've had helmeted RoboCop figures for years. I'm content with my NECA Robo and ED....

But THIS?? This thing is a work of art. Of course I'd LIKE to have both HT versions, but I'm realistic. I really shouldn't even be buying ONE! But if I DID get one? It would be this one just for the intricacy/uniqueness of it!

(Although I do think the clean helmeted RoboCop is obviously more "iconic".)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back