1/6 Hot Toys: RoboCop - Alex Murphy unmasked (Battle Damaged)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it turns out to be Diecast, that will seal the deal for me. Can't wait to get Clean Robocop and salvite over this one's release.

Re: Hot Toys: RoboCop - (Battle Damaged) - Alex Murphy unmasked!!

This is hard to resist as it really looks fricken amazing. Only thing is I'd want both this and the clean version if I decided to get this one. Don't want to add more to my already large list of preorders plus stuff revealed at Comic Con. :lol

Probably easier to buy this and pick up the 'battle damaged visor head' separately than try to pick up the 'face head' separately for the standard release.

Re: Hot Toys: RoboCop - (Battle Damaged) - Alex Murphy unmasked!!

This is hard to resist as it really looks fricken amazing. Only thing is I'd want both this and the clean version if I decided to get this one. Don't want to add more to my already large list of preorders plus stuff revealed at Comic Con. :lol

This here is the best thing revealed at SDCC.

Sigh here comes another excellent piece and potential threat to my money. I'll probably skip out on this one and just get the head, don't care much for extra BD.

I don't know why I had this thought recently, but I couldn't help wondering, "How many of you guys are in your 30s? Are you saving for retirement at all?" For some reason it's really depressing to think about a bunch of 40 year-old guys who haven't saved **** for retirement because Hot Toys milked them of every penny for the last ten years of their lives.

I don't know why I had this thought recently, but I couldn't help wondering, "How many of you guys are in your 30s? Are you saving for retirement at all?" For some reason it's really depressing to think about a bunch of 40 year-old guys who haven't saved **** for retirement because Hot Toys milked them of every penny for the last ten years of their lives.
That sounds sorta arms. I'm sure they aren't throwing away all their money on Hot Toys Lol for most ppl its additional burnable income. Besides they could always sell it later, even if they took a cut on the sale, they'd still have money back I'm sure if they needed it. I think Most collectors are between 27-40 or so too so not too old to start saving money for their "retirements"

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

It's better than spending on cigarettes, alcohol, holidays...or food.

:lecture

It's better than spending on cigarettes, alcohol, holidays...or food.

:lecture
Yup. All those things go away. Nice thinking man. That's what I always think too. Like these things are things that will last for years to come. We spend money on stupid **** every day, movies, popcorn, fast food, just stupid things like Starbucks (if I don't go to Starbucks everyday for a month, that's a statue there. I brew my own coffee at pennies a cup and take it to work). I usually cut those things out to make room for these things. Some of these are investments too (depending on who you talk to) and sometimes you can get more than what you paid for them.

Yup. All those things go away. Nice thinking man. That's what I always think too. Like these things are things that will last for years to come. We spend money on stupid **** every day, movies, popcorn, fast food, just stupid things like Starbucks (if I don't go to Starbucks everyday for a month, that's a statue there. I brew my own coffee at pennies a cup and take it to work). I usually cut those things out to make room for these things. Some of these are investments too (depending on who you talk to) and sometimes you can get more than what you paid for them.

I've always been the same. On the way home from school I would rather buy comics than sweets.

And as you wrote, you can sell the toys. Even if you don't get back the full amount you paid, it's more than you'll get back on a cigarette that went up in smoke! Smokers have sometimes told me how much they spend in a year...and I'm so glad that my addiction is only toys!

I've always been the same. On the way home from school I would rather buy comics than sweets.

And as you wrote, you can sell the toys. Even if you don't get back the full amount you paid, it's more than you'll get back on a cigarette that went up in smoke! Smokers have sometimes told me how much they spend in a year...and I'm so glad that my addiction is only toys!
Bro I quit smoking like 5 years ago. Best decision I ever made. I cut that and fast food and coffee and stupid expenditures and it helped me save to buy a house. If you want something bad enough you'll give up the other unnecessary crap to make it happen. That's why right now my wife is in Germany for a wedding, I messaged her and said "BTW SDCC went well, I'll be adding like another 5 or so pieces to our collection" and all she said was lol because she knows that even with a mortgage car payments and everything else we have, Im rwsoknaibke enough that I wouldn't buy something without making sure I'd have enough .money to cover that plus have enough so that we can enjoy our lives too

Yeah I think that's very true and this certainly has gone through my mind. I think nowadays im more careful about how I spend my money. For example even with these 2 Robocop figures coming out im questioning myself 'do I really need 2 of them?' 'Why do I need 2 of them?' Then inevitably the answer comes that seems the most logical 'I don't need 2 of them', its just figure lust I'm suffering from in that has overtaken my mind and I want to attain as many figures as I can. After a few months ill bore of this and go through the cycle of aquisition, intial excitement and infatuation, eventual boredom, selling then buying more and repeat this process over and over till I learn my lesson.

In the past id just blindly throw money at multiple incarnations of the same figure only to have them sitting on the shelf and me thinking to myself 'why did I waste money on 2 figures when now I want to get rid of them'

I can see others on this forum in the same place I was in but now I exercise caution in spending money because lets face it money isn't easy to come by and there are much more worthwhile causes that I could be spending money on. Hard to admit but ultimately that is the truth.

Last edited:
Im rwsoknaibke enough that I wouldn't buy something without making sure I'd have enough .money to cover that plus have enough so that we can enjoy our lives too

How does one attain this ability?

Sounds intense.

To rwsoknaibke is a power only one has achieved....but if we work togetha....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back