1/6 Hot Toys: RoboCop - Alex Murphy unmasked (Battle Damaged)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way a helmet would fit over the face without ripping all the little tubes out, unless it was oversized. The REAL helmet never went over that elaborate make-up job either! Yeah, it'd be cool to have an extra helmet with the screws pulled out to display in his hands or something, but I think it's unreasonable to expect a removable helmet that will slide over this face.

Swappable heads woulda been cool though. But I see why HT was just going with this the way it is. Pretty sweet to include the Cobra cannon actually....that's a pretty awesome extra.

They thought producing a battle-damaged ED would be too expensive. This way you get both.

LOL

After those pics of BD Robocop I am going to buy both Robocops. Damn you HT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no way a helmet would fit over the face without ripping all the little tubes out, unless it was oversized. The REAL helmet never went over that elaborate make-up job either! Yeah, it'd be cool to have an extra helmet with the screws pulled out to display in his hands or something, but I think it's unreasonable to expect a removable helmet that will slide over this face.

Also people forget it wasn't just the helmet but the neck and chin parts aswell that came off (albeit the movie doesn't show those coming off)

They maybe could have done what Enterbay did if anything.

Amazing details.

IMG_9084.JPG

IMG_9088.JPG

Robocop Remastered is currently $9.99 at Amazon.
Here's the list of Extras from bluray.com:

MGM's*2007 Blu-ray*of*RoboCop*had only a trailer. This new version ports over nearly all of the special features included on MGM's 2004 special edition DVD (minus one trailer and a photo gallery), plus those added for the 2007 two-disc "20th Anniversary Collector's Edition". Entirely new is a 2012 Q&A, which is listed first and marked with an asterisk.

Also, since I routinely criticize Fox when they format MGM's titles without a main menu or bookmarking, I should note that the remastered*RoboCop*has both.

*Q&A with the Filmmakers (2012)(1080p; 1.78:1; 42:36): Taped at UCLA's James Bridges Theater on May 31, 2012, and moderated by Robert Rosen, this panel discussion includes Verhoeven, Weller, Allen, producer Jon Davison, screenwriters Neumaier and Miner and effects guru Phil Tippett. Memories have shifted somewhat in the intervening years, but the stories are interesting, and about half of the program is devoted to audience questions. (Although the video format reads as 1080p, the source appears to be of lower resolution.)

Flesh and Steel: The Making ofRoboCop*(480i; 1.33:1; 36:55): With a 2001 copyright date, this is a comprehensive and remarkably frank overview of the difficult and frequently overextended production of*RoboCop, with special emphasis on the tense relationship between Verhoeven and prosthetics designer Rob Bottin. The principal participants are Verhoeven, Miner, Neumaier, Davison and Paul Sammon, who is best known for his research and writing on*Blade Runner*but was formerly a marketing executive for Orion Pictures, the studio that madeRoboCop

1987 Featurette: Shooting*RoboCop(480i; 1.33:1; 7:59): Narrated by producer Jon Davison, but also featuring interviews with Ferrer, Tippett, Verhoeven and Smith, as well as some entertaining on-set footage.

1987 Featurette: Making*RoboCop(480i; 1.33:1; 8:01): A companion piece to the previous featurette, this one focuses on Weller, with contributions by Allen, Verhoeven again, and various effects and weapons technicians.

The Boardroom: Storyboard with Commentary with Animator Phil Tippett*(480i; 1.85:1; 6:02): As ED-209's rampage plays in slow motion with storyboard drawings inset, Tippett describes the various techniques used to create the sequence.

Deleted Scenes*(480i; 1.33:1; 2:51): A "play all" function is included.OCP Press ConferenceTopless PizzaFinal Media Break

Villains of Old Detroit*(480i; 1.78:1, enhanced; 16:59): "God bless that robot movie!" says Miguel Ferrer at the close of this retrospective documentary featuring the actors who played*RoboCop's three main villains (misspelled in the opening credit as "Villians"), as well as Ray Wise, who played a member of Boddicker's gang and can't resist slipping in a reference to his famous role in*Twin Peaks*as Laura Palmer's dad. In addition to many interesting stories from the set, actors Ferrer and Kurtwood Smith do great Verhoeven impressions.

Special Effects: Then and Now*(480i; 1.78:1, enhanced; 18:22): A discussion of the film's effects with Paul Sammon, William Sandell, matte painter Rocco Gioffre, ED-209 designer Craig Hayes and ED-209 animator Phil Tippett.

RoboCop: Creating a Legend*(480i; 1.78:1, enhanced; 21:09): The focus of this documentary is on the creation of the RoboCop character, with substantial detail about the construction of the suit, choice of weaponry and development of Weller's performance. The participants include Weller, Neumaier, Miner, Verhoeven, Davison, Kurtwood Smith, Miguel Ferrer and Ray Wise.

Paul Verhoeven Easter Egg*(480i; 1.78:1, enhanced; 0:38): This brief insert explains Verhoeven's accidental cameo in the film. It is also noted in the commentary.

Commentary with Director Paul Verhoeven, Writer Ed Neumeier and Producer Jon Davison: This is a lively, almost jovial commentary, as the three former collaborators exchange notes on who contributed what ideas, plot elements and lines of dialogue. Despite the frayed tempers and intense atmosphere described in the "Flesh and Steel" documentary, everyone seems perfectly happy to give credit to other members of the team. Much of the information related in the commentary is also covered elsewhere in the extras, but it gets a different spin when it's connected to action occurring on screen. (Note: The commentators mention several times that they are watching the R-rated theatrical version.)

Theatrical Trailer*(1080p; 1.78:1; 1:38): This is one of the two trailers included on the 2004 MGM DVD. This one uses Brad Fiedel's*Terminator

TV Spot*(480i; 1.33:1; 0:31).

MGM 90th Anniversary Trailer: This plays at startup and is not otherwise available once the disc loads.

haha I was watching an interview on Marvel LIVE and Clarence Bodicker Kurtwood Smith himself just walks into the frame, totally unexpected :lol

So is this figure definetly plastic? I wonder why hot toys went that route after metal robo?

I'm no expert but apparently it would be very difficult or impossible to do that battledamage on diecast parts.

If that is the case then I'm assuming the chest pieces on the first figure will just be plastic whilst the limbs and maybe the black part of the torso will be diecast. I certainly hope the black part isn't rubber anyway.

I actually hope it is all plastic. In fact, while probably not a popular opinion, I actually wish the clean Robo was also entirely plastic.

I have no experience with diecast but I know you're not alone in that view. Literally the first response post in the thread for the regular figure is a complaint about diecast :lol

giantfeet.JPG robocopposter.jpg

One minor gripe, besides the height of the rings near his shoulders, that shroud on top of his foot is way too big, noticed this was the case on the clean version that's coming out, wish they'd fix that but it's probably too late.

Now I'm going to have to buy this too.. damn you, hot toys!!

So far I've been pleased with the new HT stuff shown at SDCC. This figure definitely takes the cake!

Has it been revealed that this won't be Diecast? That's going to suck if one Figure is Diecast and the other plastic.

Has it been revealed that this won't be Diecast? That's going to suck if one Figure is Diecast and the other plastic.

It will be Diecast, all they are really changing is the head and adding a few more holes and paint for more BD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back