1/6 Hot Toys: RoboCop - Alex Murphy unmasked (Battle Damaged)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ED was so terrifying in that movie. A real shame that they wasted all that development on another figure with an instantly rotting dome. A real shame. Oh well.
Yeah man when i was a kid that ED scared the crap out of me, now he's like nothing. Just a big puppy ;)

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Idk which robocop to get! I want one in the collection but unsure between BD & pristine. . That headsculpt is amazing

Anyone here said that HT was going to be looking into this ED 209 situation after the cons.

I really don't know what that means, or what to expect.

Has HT made any sort of statement about that to anyone besides the usual "we'll take your feedback into consideration?"

Idk which robocop to get! I want one in the collection but unsure between BD & pristine. . That headsculpt is amazing

Headsculpt is amazing but I'm going with the diecast that is currently available. The iconic pose of him holding his pistol out with other hand back is too good to pass.

1407251251b20fed7da3591b37.jpg

PD1369901820CMv.jpg

Is that the same damaged armour sculpt on both figures?

Between those two appearances doesn't look like Robocop sustained any more chest damage, but his arms and legs got shot up.

140725125197f56f0f6768e272.jpg

Also quite a bit of difference in colour, unless that's just the difference in lighting.

PD1369901820CMv.jpg

Is that the same damaged armour sculpt on both figures?

Between those two appearances doesn't look like Robocop sustained any more chest damage, but his arms and legs got shot up.

140725125197f56f0f6768e272.jpg

Its because his chest represents damage sustained from ED-209, and his legs were shot up by the policemen. Technically this BD version looks like Murphy as he appeared during his unmasking and baby food target practice scenes. Clarence actually opened that gash on the left side of his chest a little more with that metal rod (which is not represented on the HT figure.) So you can give him the Cobra Assault Rifle and bloody data spike to "pretend" that he exists as he appeared during his final OCP building scenes but his body isn't quite dirty, bloody, or damaged enough to be totally accurate to that final particular look.

I think HT achieved the best compromise in giving us the BD look with the most display options.

Its because his chest represents damage sustained from ED-209, and his legs were shot up by the policemen. Technically this BD version looks like Murphy as he appeared during his unmasking and baby food target practice scenes. Clarence actually opened that gash on the left side of his chest a little more with that metal rod (which is not represented on the HT figure.) So you can give him the Cobra Assault Rifle and bloody data spike to "pretend" that he exists as he appeared during his final OCP building scenes but his body isn't quite dirty, bloody, or damaged enough to be totally accurate to that final particular look.

I think HT achieved the best compromise in giving us the BD look with the most display options.

Thanks for the explanation, Khev. :)

It's been a while since I saw the film. For much of this thread I've been focussed on head sculpt, and not noticed all the other detail that's gone into the armour.

Thanks for the explanation, Khev. :)

It's been a while since I saw the film. For much of this thread I've been focussed on head sculpt, and not noticed all the other detail that's gone into the armour.

No problem, definitely pick up the newly remastered blu-ray if you haven't already. :duff

Headsculpt is amazing but I'm going with the diecast that is currently available. The iconic pose of him holding his pistol out with other hand back is too good to pass.

Yeah that's the pose I would have him in too. Very iconic. Curious to see if this BD version will come with a helmeted head before I decide though

I'm guessing it won't come with a helmeted head. That only comes with the clean version and would have surely been on display at sdcc if it were going to be included. No matter though coz for me the unmasked version is the version to own.

I don't get why people keep mentioning a helmet for this version, he takes it off at the end anyway for his revenge fight against them.
Would u really want to cover up that hs with a helmet anyway?

I don't get why people keep mentioning a helmet for this version, he takes it off at the end anyway for his revenge fight against them.
Would u really want to cover up that hs with a helmet anyway?
More than anything it would be nice to have multiple display options. Without having to buy both. Too hard to decide between em for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back