Action Figure Hot Toys - Resident Evil 6 Ada Wong 1:6th scale collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4a66196f24d268f565dda78c28d44d2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18a363609be9bd021538e45b15e862e2.jpg

Haven't had a chance to paint the hair red.

I'll take more pics later.

Thanks! Looks great. Coincidentally, I just read about an RE7 producer saying Dino Crisis with modern tech would be exciting. I hope they at least consider it.

Thanks! Looks great. Coincidentally, I just read about an RE7 producer saying Dino Crisis with modern tech would be exciting. I hope they at least consider it.

Thanks!

Updated version.

a30aa69b8666445b7f85a59925be23dc.jpg

Yeah after 2 and hopefully a remake of 3, I wouldn't mind a remake or Dino Crisis. So I say bring it Capcom!

Has anyone tried to change the position of the strand of hair across her face? Mine sticks out slightly and I'm afraid to heat it. I was going to maybe try a hairdryer and put it in cold water. Is there a safer way to make plastic hold it's position? Maybe freezer?

dip it in hot water, use ur finger to keep it in the position you want, use an icecube to replace ur finger and keep it in position for 1 minute.

unless ur taps running cold water using water to cool it down won't be long term remedy.

there are even more tricky parts like keeping BSAA Jill & Sheva shoulder holster tight. no matter what you do they just too loose.

Dunk the whole head? I'd be worried about the rest of her hair. I was going to try a hairdryer, but I fear with that it would get hot enough to become morphed. So water maybe a safer bet. Maybe I can put the front of it in hot water and put it in the freezer. I was using a string tied around the head to hold it down to maybe make it stay in place but after a few days it's back to what it was, but I can use it with this to stay in place.

I personally hate her shirt. While it's nice, the material is the same as the material they used in the Reeve Superman and it's so easy to snag it. It came with snags.

Dunk the whole head? I'd be worried about the rest of her hair. I was going to try a hairdryer, but I fear with that it would get hot enough to become morphed. So water maybe a safer bet. Maybe I can put the front of it in hot water and put it in the freezer. I was using a string tied around the head to hold it down to maybe make it stay in place but after a few days it's back to what it was, but I can use it with this to stay in place.

I personally hate her shirt. While it's nice, the material is the same as the material they used in the Reeve Superman and it's so easy to snag it. It came with snags.

i usually just dunk the whole head in a cup of freshly boiled water, unless you repainted it and did not seal the paint. if you are worried, pour the boiled water in a cup and wait for 5 minutes to cool down.

freezer won't work, you need to hold the part in position and cool it down. putting it in the freezer will just result the hair moving back to it's original position before it gets cold. unless you have something to hold it in position when you toss it in the freezer.

and who knows what will happen if you forgot to take it out. the head might just crack up.

hey, why not just prepare a cup of cold water or 2 for spares and pour it over the head once you adjusted it?

i'd be more worried about the cup you used as chemicals may stain ur cup. i have a dedicated glass for this and never use it for drinking.

and usually i just use a tiny edge scissor to remove any lints with fabric laying flat.

anyway snagged shirt looks nothing compared to damaged pleathers.

I suppose I'll try messing with her hair tonight. I have a string currently wrapped around her head so I could probably just put it in hot water for a minute or so and then stick it in ice water.

I suppose I'll try messing with her hair tonight. I have a string currently wrapped around her head so I could probably just put it in hot water for a minute or so and then stick it in ice water.

I tend to avoid the water method as you never know what kind of sediments and what not are in the water that can stay on the sculpt after it dries.

I'd say use a hair dryer on medium. Direct it at her head for about a minute. Place the hair where you want it, then wrap her head in some sort of cloth like a hair band or something. Dont use anything like a rubber band as that could cause weird indents or rub off paint. Once she's wrapped stick her head in the freezer for a few minutes. After that take the head out of the freezer, but keep the head wrapped and leave it over night just to be sure.

I've ised this method on a lot of different figures. Neca figures, Godzilla vinyl, HT predator dreads. Seems to work for most toys.

I tend to avoid the water method as you never know what kind of sediments and what not are in the water that can stay on the sculpt after it dries.

I'd say use a hair dryer on medium. Direct it at her head for about a minute. Place the hair where you want it, then wrap her head in some sort of cloth like a hair band or something. Dont use anything like a rubber band as that could cause weird indents or rub off paint. Once she's wrapped stick her head in the freezer for a few minutes. After that take the head out of the freezer, but keep the head wrapped and leave it over night just to be sure.

I've ised this method on a lot of different figures. Neca figures, Godzilla vinyl, HT predator dreads. Seems to work for most toys.

i don't know. if you are worried about water sediments, i'll be more worried about drinking it. if you water is contaminated, should get some water filtration system.

I may try that. I'm just using sewing string, so I don't think it would hurt it.

I don't like the strand's placement since it sticks out from her head too far and the hair itself is twisted at the end, but if I could keep it from sticking out, that'll be good enough.

hope the string doesn't leave a mark. most head sculpt esp the hair is painted with a layer of matte coat, which comes off easily.

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I recently took off Ada's shirt to untangle a part of the soft plastic chest caught in the joint and was unsure how to tuck the shirt back in. So, would someone with the figure be willing to check if the shirt was originally tucked under the grey legging piece or if it was tucked under the pants (as in between the leggings and pants). Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it's over the leggings. It's a nightmare trying to get that shirt back in cleanly though. It bunches up very easily.

Back