Hot Toys Ras Al Ghul, why didn't/hasn't it happened?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultron-7

Super Freak
Reaction score
Probably an old topic but now the Trilogy is completed i wanted to ask before it becomes even less relevant.

So i wasn't collecting 1/6 back when Hot Toys were making Batman Begins or Dark Knight figures so,
i'm just wondering why a Ras Al Ghul figure was never made (yet a Scarecrow and Demon Batman got made). Did HT ever respond to the fans about this and explain why it didn't happen or does anyone know why it didn't happen?

This basically stems from the Trilogy now being over and i want the best TDK display i can, for me that's Batman and his vehicles and the 3 main villains, one from each film (Ras, Joker & Bane). I'm gonna go the kitbash route to get that but wondered why it didn't happen officially.

Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions.

If HT really can't obtain Neeson's likeness, which I agree is the most likely reason they have not produced his figure yet. I hope they at least make a Bruce Wayne in a league of shadows ninja outfit. That way we could still easily make ra's al ghul by just simply swapping the head with a custom.

let's hope thier saving it fora 2 pack deluxe deal with bruce and RAS in ninja training gear......DO IT HOT TOYS !!!! DOOOOOOOOO IT !!!!!!

I'm wondering the same thing. Does anybody think HT will be releasing a Ra's and other characters, like Gordon in his regular outfit, Scarecrow w/ Cillian Murphy head, another Two-face etc? Or even an updated Batman Begins suit? I'm hope they don't stop just because the movies are over. There are still fans to please and of course plenty of money for them to make!

Gordon, yes.
Ra's, maybe.
Maskless Scarecrow, no.
Two-Face, no.

I've been watching for a decent deal on eBay for Scarecrow, so I think I'll try and get one there. As for two-face, I'm not spending $300 to get one now. I'll just have to regret not getting one for $100 a few years ago:slap

Is it a liscencing issue, though? Mattel was able to get his likeness for their movie masters line. Two different companies I know, but if one company can get it why wouldn't another?

I'm guessing maybe part of the reason is because Batman Begins wasn't a huge hit when it came out. It was certainly a box office success, but not a huge success so I think the line was limited to start out with. Since then they've obviously been busy with the TDK figures and now the TDKR figures. I think, though, with the Nolan films becomming the success that they have I think they will eventually get around to doing Ra's, but they just want to get out other characters like Bane, Catwoman and Joker 2.0. It is a pretty glaring omission in the line and I'd be surprised if they never around to it.

Last edited:
I've been watching for a decent deal on eBay for Scarecrow, so I think I'll try and get one there. As for two-face, I'm not spending $300 to get one now. I'll just have to regret not getting one for $100 a few years ago:slap

Wait it out. Two-Face's price is bound to drop...it's really not that good of a figure. People will eventually find him non-essential to their collection and sell. He still pops up on here for good prices...relative to eBay.

As for Ra's...I think its just a matter of time and they'll get it done. I absolutely love my Iminime version and couldn't see myself wanting anything different.

Just cause the last movie got released does not mean ht is done with the line.you still have the "to celebrate the dvd release"angle,the 10 year anniversary angle and not to mention they still can make a dkr ras.he was in the movie.

Umm... Two-Face is a very old figure... we've already had that phase where people were selling him off as "non-essential"... now it's just very very old (in HT years) and harder to acquire so prices are high.

Umm... Two-Face is a very old figure... we've already had that phase where people were selling him off as "non-essential"... now it's just very very old (in HT years) and harder to acquire so prices are high.

Well I hope your right and one day I'll sell him and be all like:

Holding-Money.jpg

...and the buyer will be all like...

Man-with-empty-pockets-006.jpg

Up till now it's probably been a license issue if HT do make him in the future he'll be a con exclusive now imo

Is it a liscencing issue, though? Mattel was able to get his likeness for their movie masters line. Two different companies I know, but if one company can get it why wouldn't another?

I'm guessing maybe part of the reason is because Batman Begins wasn't a huge hit when it came out. It was certainly a box office success, but not a huge success so I think the line was limited to start out with. Since then they've obviously been busy with the TDK figures and now the TDKR figures. I think, though, with the Nolan films becomming the success that they have I think they will eventually get around to doing Ra's, but they just want to get out other characters like Bane, Catwoman and Joker 2.0. It is a pretty glaring omission in the line and I'd be surprised if they never around to it.

best answer to date, i guess the Batman line wasn't as heavily pimped out back then and when TDK became a huge hit HT went made with Batman figures. Hopefully they'll revisit Begins and make a Ra's would complete the line imo, he could even be under TDKR line as he made a cameo i guess

Back