Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20200215_220257.jpg

Received R2 earlier this week from Popcultcha.
Finally got to open him tonight.
Just 1 quick pic before bed.
❤ him!!!

It would be just completely waste if those nice accessories are not attatched to him IMO.

I preordered with payment plan. It will be my first (and probably only) R2.

My accessories are only leaving the box when I feel like displaying a particular scene. Other than that R2 will remain in his regular state.

This R2 is definitely a worthy upgrade compared to Sideshow’s deluxe version. I like the metal dome as well as the heft that comes with that. Just feels like a more solid piece all around. Also the weathering looks really nice throughout and the accessories are great. Might not use all the tools and stuff, but they’re nice options.

Definitely the best R2 in this scale. No doubt about that. Knowing HT, I'm a bit surprised they didn't make one for each movie.

Can't remember what arm was from what flick but clearly there's the Dagobah lantern without the Dagobah weathering but then no ROTJ drinking tray gear.

Definitely the best R2 in this scale. No doubt about that. Knowing HT, I'm a bit surprised they didn't make one for each movie.

Can't remember what arm was from what flick but clearly there's the Dagobah lantern without the Dagobah weathering but then no ROTJ drinking tray gear.

I wouldn't put it past them to do these eventually -- some as exclusives, maybe others bundled with another figure:

• PT R2 with jets
  • ANH Battle-Damaged R2
  • Dagobah muck-encrusted R2
  • Sail Barge R2 with drinks tray

It's also without the Dagobah scale - the thing is half the size it should be.:gah:

And have you had the Tama R2 in hand? I'm curious - despite the plastic/painted dome issue (and yes, the rivets) - how that one holds up to this HT one.

I wouldn't put it past them to do these eventually -- some as exclusives, maybe others bundled with another figure:

• PT R2 with jets
  • ANH Battle-Damaged R2
    [*]Dagobah muck-encrusted R2
  • Sail Barge R2 with drinks tray

That would be awesome.

It's also without the Dagobah scale - the thing is half the size it should be.:gah:

And have you had the Tama R2 in hand? I'm curious - despite the plastic/painted dome issue (and yes, the rivets) - how that one holds up to this HT one.

That would be awesome.

Seen it behind glass only. I kinda liked the idea of the rivets, but they made them too prominent, and as Lejuan said, there's also those notches to contend with. Loved the Baker tubes though, such a nice touch.

I was very impressed with the Tama dome (knowing it was plastic), but I already had the TFA one and it didn't seem better. If I was going to have two R2's, this one still holds my interest enough to consider pairing with Tama 3PO.

I was a big fan of all the arms on the SS R2, so buying the TFA Hot Toys was very much two steps forward and one step back. The Tama tools always looked basic in photos, another knock especially since it resulted in those notches. This new HT R2 solves all of that.

It would be just completely waste if those nice accessories are not attatched to him IMO.

Then I guess "it's just completely waste" of me that I don't attach them UNLESS it's scene specific.
Seriously,he comes with so many accessories,most of them would do him justice if it was the scene from Jedi where he gets shot on Endor.
Other than the Luke Hilt,the Leia holograms,the Dagobah lantern,or the Periscope,the rest of the accessories will be staying in the box.
I prefer this as the "help me Obi wan kenobi" scene with Farmboy Luke OR the opening scene with Leia inserting the plans..or even ep8 Luke and R2 scene with the Leia holograms.😁

This R2 is definitely a worthy upgrade compared to Sideshow?s deluxe version.

This R2 is the War Machine of SW lol

Definitely the best R2 in this scale.

The reviews are in... and yes, absolutely awesome little astromech.

I love the 'screaming' sound that winds down and down...

Despite the many before, here's my fast and dirty comparison between SS and HT

SS v HT COMP.jpg

Is this Luke hilt better or worse than any of the other Jedi Luke hilts?

In hand the SS is way more dirty than the HT -- almost tan in most places -- so much so its does make it look like a different droid... or as close to a change-of-clothes as R2-D2 can get. Worth keeping for the drink tray purposes as I assume most people have now relegated their SS astromech.

The SS blue has a great metallic sheen to it -- as you can see in my pic -- but its not really accurate as nice as it looks.

Despite my comparison, there really is none. Look a the girth alone.

Then I guess "it's just completely waste" of me that I don't attach them UNLESS it's scene specific.
Seriously,he comes with so many accessories,most of them would do him justice if it was the scene from Jedi where he gets shot on Endor.
Other than the Luke Hilt,the Leia holograms,the Dagobah lantern,or the Periscope,the rest of the accessories will be staying in the box.
I prefer this as the "help me Obi wan kenobi" scene with Farmboy Luke OR the opening scene with Leia inserting the plans..or even ep8 Luke and R2 scene with the Leia holograms.��

Yeah I tend to go for just one attachment at a time. The pics of him fully decked out are fun to see, but it's not how I'd actually want to display mine.

Back