Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never got past the dome to worry much about the rivets which I also dislike a lot. How a team of people could develop an R2 figure and decide "OK the body is going to be diecast and the dome will be plastic". Nobody spoke up at the meeting and said that you all have it completely backwards?

I never got past the dome to worry much about the rivets which I also dislike a lot. How a team of people could develop an R2 figure and decide "OK the body is going to be diecast and the dome will be plastic". Nobody spoke up at the meeting and said that you all have it completely backwards?

Rian Johnson helped develop it. Was defying expectations. :wink

Mine is scheduled for delivery on Weds. :yess:

However, so far this year, I've had two figures delivered and both had problems -- one got lost for a week, one was wrong -- so hopefully this one breaks the trend.

My first one with the bad door was an anomaly I think. I got my replacement in and another one and both are fine. Great pics of the two HT Ton Ton! I still like weathering on the body of the TFA and sealed panels do look nicer on display but if I could only have one it would be this new one. Better looking dome and great accessories.

My first one with the bad door was an anomaly I think. I got my replacement in and another one and both are fine. Great pics of the two HT Ton Ton! I still like weathering on the body of the TFA and sealed panels do look nicer on display but if I could only have one it would be this new one. Better looking dome and great accessories.

Yeah, it's sort of no contest. This one is an action figure with so many display options whereas the TFA one is closer to a statue, and the dome is indeed better on the new one. I couldn't capture it in my pics but the blue panels are perfect on this one, the TFA gloss just sealed a bit off.

I normally just want one figure for a character like R2 but with the price likely plummeting on the TFA version I'll maybe hang on to it and see if there's somewhere else I can display it. Maybe with Yoda's hut.

Yeah, it's sort of no contest. This one is an action figure with so many display options whereas the TFA one is closer to a statue, and the dome is indeed better on the new one. I couldn't capture it in my pics but the blue panels are perfect on this one, the TFA gloss just sealed a bit off.

I normally just want one figure for a character like R2 but with the price likely plummeting on the TFA version I'll maybe hang on to it and see if there's somewhere else I can display it. Maybe with Yoda's hut.

Can't have enough R2s. Almost literally goes with every character. Need one for 3PO. One for X Wing Luke. One with Old Ben and Luke. One with the drink tray. One with Dagobah mud. One for the the eventual HT Owen Lars....could go on forever:lol

Can't have enough R2s. Almost literally goes with every character. Need one for 3PO. One for X Wing Luke. One with Old Ben and Luke. One with the drink tray. One with Dagobah mud. One for the the eventual HT Owen Lars....could go on forever:lol

:exactly::lol

Okay, instead of selling the TFA one I ordered 4 more. :rotfl

They call this a “deluxe” yet don’t even include accessories from R2s most heroic scene? I want that ROTS R2 Hot Toys.

7DD5F297-1F91-4B32-AE99-29249C4619F6.jpg

In the pics you posted on the last page, is that the TFA R2 with the new one?

Yup, TFA is on the right. You can see the slight yellowish tone and the heavier weathering compared to the OT one.

It's still a great figure, just pretty basic compared to all the options of the new one, and they're mostly identical structurally. One surprising difference was that the main light-up eye on the OT R2 seemed a touch larger. By just a hair.

Yup, TFA is on the right. You can see the slight yellowish tone and the heavier weathering compared to the OT one.

It's still a great figure, just pretty basic compared to all the options of the new one, and they're mostly identical structurally. One surprising difference was that the main light-up eye on the OT R2 seemed a touch larger. By just a hair.

Awesome, thanks.

Got mine in from SSC last Friday and I'm absolutely made up with it. Thanks to the last couple of Sideshow promotions I managed to pick up the v2 C3PO for next to nothing and now he has his pal with him. I was very tempted to pick up the v2 R2 from them also but decided to go for the HT thanks for a few more bonus rewards points and I couldn't be happier with him.

Bbts just shipped mine wow nearly $18.65 less then sideshow with shipping and taxes. Un****inbelievable

Ssc Reward points aint worth **** no more the saving in shipping and taxes outweigh the ****ing 5% they give you. just take all that money saved buying from bbts and put it in your own ssc rewards saving account lol

249x.05=12.50 rewards. Total cost ssc 293.50 total cost bbts 274.85, saving of $18.65

You lose $6.15 (12.50 rewards -18.65) if you go the reward points route. So just take all that saving in shipping and taxes and put it in your own account you will end up with more value than accumulating all your ssc points overall

Bbts just shipped mine wow nearly $18.65 less then sideshow with shipping and taxes. Un****inbelievable

Ssc Reward points aint worth **** no more the saving in shipping and taxes outweigh the ****ing 5% they give you. just take all that money saved buying from bbts and put it in your own ssc rewards saving account lol

249x.05=12.50 rewards. Total cost ssc 293.50 total cost bbts 274.85, saving of $18.65

You lose $6.15 (12.50 rewards -18.65) if you go the reward points route. So just take all that saving in shipping and taxes and put it in your own account you will end up with more value than accumulating all your ssc points overall

:exactly: The shipping rates are what bother me the most.

Pile of loot is the best for someone like me who isn’t always home and rotates between two places, being able to save stuff and ship it when I choose is great. Plus you don’t need a signature to receive your stuff. They are great with returns too.

Back