Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0791 HT R2-D2.JPG

Hey gang, I have a question, my MMS511 R2 doesn't light up or seem to sync up anymore. The remote lights up and nothing happens, the only lights I see are the three protruding projectors that are on the dome. They only turn for a second and that's it. Has anyone else had a similar problem or have a solution? Yes I have tried fresh batteries.
Hi Darthrazz. Sorry to revive this question, but I have just opened my mint in sealed box MMS651from KGhobby, and the light up functions do not work at all. I think this is a bad conceived system, to begin with.
Do yo have any solution to date?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

I had to open the dome up on my AOTC R2 and see a sensitive cord being loose. Worked but I always check lights when I figures. My R2 deluxe works fine, can't imagine a different lighting kit they use between the two.

Hi Darthrazz. Sorry to revive this question, but I have just opened my mint in sealed box MMS651from KGhobby, and the light up functions do not work at all. I think this is a bad conceived system, to begin with.
Do yo have any solution to date?

Thanks in advance and best regards.
Hi, I was never able to solve it. I sold it "as is" a few months ago out of frustration. Good luck.

Hi, I was never able to solve it. I sold it "as is" a few months ago out of frustration. Good luck.
Thanks a lot DarthAlias and Darthrazz. It is indeed a pity. I will give a try to open the dome, but I imagine that that I will have to go the same way. KGhobby doesn´t give me a solution either...
Regards!

So after much debate, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a deluxe I found for a deal. It coast more than the AOTC version, but I just don't like the yellow tint and over the top weathering of that version. I wanted something much more original trilogy looking. And this guy doesn't disappoint. I did do a simple mod to it, since it felt a little tippy with it's diecast dome. So I carefully removed the screw covers from the bottom, opened it up and added some box car weights to help counter the top heavy dome. Sealed it back up, popped the screw covers back on, and now it's more balanced on it's base.

dddd.jpg

Removed the screw covers on the bottom.
IMG_3756.JPG

Removed the bottom plate a affixed box car weights in the recesses. These are the box car weights I used https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085L74KS4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
IMG_3774.JPG

Sealed it back up.
IMG_3782.JPG

Last edited:
Back