Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they are. It may be a later later than SCC or HK, but the pluses outweigh minuses. Their CS has been phenomenal.

Just had Artoo appear in my pile of loot. It'll be the last one I'll be receiving for a while...until Jinn, Krennic and Cody hit the scene. Or if HT ever bothers to produce those Solo figures....

If it wasn't for things like the SSC Halloween promotions giving out rewards codes I'd be going to KGHobby for everything. The thank you codes are nice enough to knock off most of the shipping but having another chunk of the price knocked off from just being in a FB messenger group that shares codes is a must. Either option ends up being cheaper than getting from a UK seller anyway.

At last mine was shipped from KGHobby along with Bespin Leia. A day later I see on TV that swedish post will stop packages arriving from China because of the corona virus. Not for fear of transmitting the virus but because china post have less capacity now that workers all over are told to stay home. How that makes it more difficult for our local postal service to deliver packages here I can't quite work out. :gah:

Thanks
I prefer ups because I can pick up the item at the ups store and avoid having it left on the steps

this little droid is the last pre-order from the 2018's backlogs and I haven't even heard any updated news for his delivery.

I just simply dread to think about the ETA time for upcoming Krennic, Cody and QuiGon...

Got him today!!!

Just had a peek in the box -- really excellent figure. Can't wait to have a little more time to play.

Glad to hear that. Haven't received it yet....looking forward to your take and post some shots!

Looks like this could be last figure for a while.

Tamashii at $108 (damaged box) or Hot Toys? I?m leaning towards Hot Toys.

Tamashii at $108 (damaged box) or Hot Toys? I?m leaning towards Hot Toys.

108 bucks is a steal, but in the long term you’d want to be able to accept the plastic finish on the dome and the fingernail notches in the French-hinged compartment doors. The prominent rivets bother some people, and purists have a couple of other niggles.

It pairs well with the Tampa 3PO, but if I could afford it I’d stretch to the HT figure. The box is a nice art box, but I haven’t cared about them in years.

108 bucks is a steal, but in the long term you?d want to be able to accept the plastic finish on the dome and the fingernail notches in the French-hinged compartment doors. The prominent rivets bother some people, and purists have a couple of other niggles.

It pairs well with the Tampa 3PO, but if I could afford it I?d stretch to the HT figure. The box is a nice art box, but I haven?t cared about them in years.

There?s no way I can afford the Tama threepio so this r2 would really end up being an outlier. But that price seems great.

Getting my Hot Toys R2 tomorrow. Probably will retire Sideshow’s version to the box afterwards. Might sell it off as I don’t really need two R2 figures. Looks like this is a nice release.

There?s no way I can afford the Tama threepio so this r2 would really end up being an outlier. But that price seems great.

Despite the niggles it is still very well done. You definitely wouldn’t regret it for that price, but you might regret passing on the HT at MSRP if prices go up. I can’t afford to throw down for the HT and I have metal dome envy.

Back