Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do think ht knows they need iconic figures in their ?to do? pipeline. It keeps people buying the trooper variants to hold us over until we eventually get the main characters we want.
Maybe 3po will be released with the v2 anh heroes we know are on the way at some point.
That said, it?s been over a month since the last Star Wars announcement, not counting cosbaby. I?m getting tired of looking at that Harley figure on the Facebook page. The virus may halt production, but they can still announce figures.

I do think ht knows they need iconic figures in their ?to do? pipeline. It keeps people buying the trooper variants to hold us over until we eventually get the main characters we want.
Maybe 3po will be released with the v2 anh heroes we know are on the way at some point.
That said, it?s been over a month since the last Star Wars announcement, not counting cosbaby. I?m getting tired of looking at that Harley figure on the Facebook page. The virus may halt production, but they can still announce figures.

They can't necessarily announce many figures with a specific price and estimated release date if they can't book a factory and know the associated costs. Between what's been going on in Hong Kong and now China there's likely to be some significant slow down across the board.

They can't necessarily announce many figures with a specific price and estimated release date if they can't book a factory and know the associated costs. Between what's been going on in Hong Kong and now China there's likely to be some significant slow down across the board.

Also, the period between March and SDCC is sometimes a vast wasteland anyway so we may not even notice the delay.

I interrupt this speculation train for a photo break....

Plan of action...

HT-R2D2-004.jpg

Getting a chance to enjoy this fine figure now that the weekend is here.

Okay...the "when are we gonna get _____?" train resumes service....thanks! :)

Got to open this guy up last night. He is so cool! I wasn’t sure if I would have buyers remorse once I got him since he was really quite expensive. Well that’s a definite NOPE! R2 was worth every penny! This is a really fantastic and just plain fun figure.

wu8Kk3p.jpg

3gF275m.jpg

Ugh, it kills me that the light on his holoprojector can't be shut off without turning all its lights off. Has anyone figured out how to shut it off independently? That's the only thing that's preventing me from getting it.

(Besides, I have the Tamashii Nations and Sideshow ones already. :wink1:)

Had this little guy a couple of weeks now but only just now opened him up.

p2rlGh4.jpg

fW4grXW.jpg

iG8ZD0j.jpg

9BU14yy.jpg

Somehow every shot came up with the yellow light on :lol

I'll likely keep the SS R2D2 in this diorama set up. Hot Toys R2D2 has been placed with DX07 Clean Bespin Luke in a detolf for now while I consider long term (I have a plan but a key piece is still in "production").

Credits:
Hot Toys R2D2 Deluxe
Hot Toys ANH Princess Leia with Yunsil dress (not futzed for back shots)
Sideshow C3PO
Jazzinc Tantive Diorama

When your batteries run out on this fig, good luck tracking them all down. Never seen so many - and so varied - batteries in one item... ever.:lol

When your batteries run out on this fig, good luck tracking them all down. Never seen so many - and so varied - batteries in one item... ever.:lol

What was nice on the TFA one is you only needed the remote for the sound effects. With this one you need it to turn on the lights too, but presumably the lights on the main R2 unit will be what goes first, those are easy to get, same as SS R2 and Tama 3PO I believe.

We need the folks at Tesla to prioritize more important things:lecture

How amazing would that be if some company came up with a technology where HT or SSC could embed something in the fig that the LEDs/sounds connect to for power and then you could buy this company's power hub and it would wirelessly (or even a magnet/thin wire connection at the back) power every figure within range?

I've gotten to a point where lights and sounds are just worthless added costs because beyond the first week or so when I have a play/take pics with it, I very, very rarely use them at all because you have to mess with the pose (risking messing things up on the fig or knocking neighboring figs/things over) in order to reach switches, then do it all over again to switch them off.

It's a great feature to sell the fig and make it look more realistic but in practice they are next to useless imo. You also have the added major risk of having ultra-cheapo batteries sitting in figs for years (which you lose track of if you have a larger collection - seriously, who can possibly recall how many years a fig's had a battery in it) with risks of acid leaks, which I've actually had in a few figs.

Also, to be able to see all of my figs that have lights switch on all at the same time would be so awesome (it just isn't physically possible due to huge effort/risk) - all sabers, R2/3PO, Vader, Probe Droid, etc etc. - and then with one switch I could turn them back off again with no other effort.

Seriously - this would be a million dollar idea if someone could crack it technologically - c'mon Jazzinc!:yess:

Regarding the holo-projector lights: I’ve been thinking of ways to maybe just cover the light so that it doesn’t shine out when it’s on if I don’t want it on with the other lights. Something as simple as a little paper disc to place in there or something. Unfortunately mine is already boxed back up and likely won’t be out again for months while I’m moving.

But once I do have him back out I definitely plan on experimenting with some sort of removable/non-permanent plug to cover those holo projector lights.

Back