Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Tamashii one already, but you can never have enough of R2. I wonder if HT will release an OT 3PO?

What are those granny grabbers coming out the sides of his dome?

From when he gets shot trying to open the bunker in ROTJ. Despite the accuracy, I could have done without them including these - they look pretty rubbish and having these panels might affect the shape of the dome (ie if they don’t fit flush).

I'm REALLY suprised they have not released an OT C3PO. With all IM figures HT have made 3PO would be easy for them.

I'm sure they have him there ready and waiting. They're smart. They'll offer up the obscure versions first. "Ashtray version" (love that name) first for the PT fans, then probably offer a Bespin smashed version with Chewie. Then finally a normal version to get as many double dippers as possible.

That's cynical I know, but if they can do this PT version most of the tooling must be there. I imagine it must be very similar to the OT version or ? ST version was slightly fatter if I recall correctly.

I only have one question: is it scaled correctly for 1:6 scale?

All other sixth scale R2's have always been too small, from what I remember.

1125x682_previewbanner_903742_R2Fig.jpg

201512119143765913_0eba171cd742.jpg

It's a fun idea, but I ended up only using the dome sensors on my Sideshow Artoos.

The choices here feel like overkill, but fair play to HT that they put so much into one release.

As long as those side panels on the dome close correctly it'll be fine. It would be such a huge shame for them to do something like that and not have it close as tightly as it should. Sideshow just got rid of several things that were wrong with their V1 such as the seam line on the dome... for HT to reveal this and then not have the dome as good as it should just for the sake of those side sensors would be silly.

Looks great. About the only thing I'm interested in that the TFA version doesn't have are the holograms. I've never been interested in displaying R2 with any attachments.
I'm in the same boat. I've had no complaints about the TFA one, except that the batteries run down so fast. Holograms could be cool to display, but nothing else I really need here. Weird that they are doing a Jedi R2 but a prequel 3PO. . .

As long as those side panels on the dome close correctly it'll be fine. It would be such a huge shame for them to do something like that and not have it close as tightly as it should. Sideshow just got rid of several things that were wrong with their V1 such as the seam line on the dome... for HT to reveal this and then not have the dome as good as it should just for the sake of those side sensors would be silly.
Good point. TFA might actually be preferable at the end of the day if they don't make for seamless panels. All the gimmicks on this could make for a less aesthetically pleasing figure. But Hot Toys generally knows what it's doing, so I would expect it to look good when you didn't have the Swiss Army knife look going.

Would be really cool if they included the drinks that he carries around on Jabba's barge. Being a Jedi version, I would expect that.

The TFA one had sounds from other films. So these do seem like "catch-all" releases of a sort. He's supposed to be from Jedi, but he's got the Leia holograms.

I'd like to see the LED logic panel at the back of the dome.

TFA was blue & white.

OT should be red / green / yellow.

...they made the scan lines run horizontally rather than vertically?

giphy.webp

The figure looks like it's interlaced.

It would be cool if they actually gave him some bigger wheels this time. The previous figures have all been way too flat to the ground.

It would definitely help with his height too.

Back