Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Difference is negligible to me. Sideshow's Less than 5mm shorter than Hot Toys.

:woo

Been waiting for this too.. Don't know why anyone would've bothered with the TFA version. This was another definite for HT. Just a waiting game.

I still like my SS Deluxe Ex R2-D2 v1. I guess instead of trying to sell him, I now have a reason to use the drinking try on my SS Deluxe R2...:lol I'll stick him in my Jabba display.

All the SS stuff never came out of the box. This stuff won’t either. It’ll run around $250. Pass. Probably.

Credit: Rebelscum.

Hot-Toys-2018-San-Diego-Display-First-Look-008.jpg

Good grief. The projection Leia looks like a statue of the virgin Mary.

Hope the articulation of the panels doesn't effect the figure when the panels are closed.

I'm assuming these will all be separate attachments like on the SS figure? Getting everything to fold up inside the body would probably be too big a challenge even for HT I bet.

I think I will keep my Sideshow Deluxe V2 PO for now.
Sure, this one is could be the perfect R2. But this will be much more expensive for sure, and I'll have to wait at least for a year.
(I could get the Sideshow one with better paint application with code for 140 € shipped to Germany next month)
Maybe I will sell the Sideshow one next year to fund this one.

..whoops..this new R2 means the older TFA version might heavy discount , and thats where i jump in

So is this supposed to be an R2 to cover the entire OT? The plaque says ROTJ but Leia says ANH, the little plug in lamp says ESB and all the gadgets popping out says ROTJ, or have I missed something?

So is this supposed to be an R2 to cover the entire OT? The plaque says ROTJ but Leia says ANH, the little plug in lamp says ESB and all the gadgets popping out says ROTJ, or have I missed something?

I thought that. Definitely seems to be a complete OT R2. Only thing missing is the tray for Jabba's Sail Barge which is odd as that's the biggest accessory they could have added for a ROTJ version. It does have Luke's sabre popping out though.

Looks good. I’ll stick with my TFA version though as I love the weathering on that and wouldn’t use the attachments anyways. But congrats to the ones who waited for this.
...disappointed with so few OT figures this year though. And only one that I would consider, the Bespin Leia.

I'm down for this... I've been happy with the Sideshow version, but I'd love an upgrade and then I can have the Sideshow either with Jabba or elsewhere in the collection. Kenner gave us 3 version (5 if you count Droids and the Droid Factory) so you really can't have too many R2s :lol

Back