1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to go thirds on the fact that the Starkiller base coat needs to be on the side of Han on these displays, even though it's off topic.

Have there been any show pics of him with the coat off?

:rotfl

Really interested to see. I'm hoping they will have made some tweaks to the released figure.

The displayed TFA fig currently looks like it will need many of the same mods the ANH Chewy needed because the head's pretty much the same other than the articulated jaw, whereas it would have been cool if they'd tried an all-new head for the TFA Chewy.

Yeah...but I mean I can see how it may be tricky given that it is a fully haired figure and it has never been done...could it be better? Of course. But maybe it is harder than we think. Also, I am WAY more of an OT fan...but the TFA Chewie colouring looks better to me. I don't want to have to mod my figure to have more colour variation.

And to stay on topic...I think I'll pass on the droids, or at least wait until they are released and at that time see where I am in my collection. It's not for a want but more for the fact that I'm aiming to just get the 1/4 Vader, TFA Chewie and maybe the DeLorean to essentially wrap up my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R2 at STGCC over the weekend.

29659223435_ef27b11724_b.jpg

29577667001_d57b87ec7f_b.jpg

29577663351_316b4b470b_b.jpg

29659223435_ef27b11724_b.jpg

Has anyone worked up a side by side of HT's R2 versus a screen accurate R2?

That dome just looks so much better then the sideshow one. Now if the would just give us a release date and price.

Has anyone worked up a side by side of HT's R2 versus a screen accurate R2?

I posted this a while back and nearly got killed for it (criticize HT at your own risk - I'm not kidding.):lol

The metal and weathering looks superb but actual features of R2's "face" aren't all that accurate if you look closer (main "eye" and housing, red lower eye and holoprojector all look a little off,) but hey - maybe you're not supposed to.:dunno:lol

2zpnmur.png

The HT is a TFA R2 though. Yeah, it looks "off" for a Star Wars R2, but is the figure accurate to TFA? If you compare HT C-3PO to a Star Wars C-3PO picture, it will look off too.

And even with the features mentioned being off, is it any different than Farmboy Luke having an ESB saber? Or the facial differences? Most figures will be slightly off from it's 1/1 counterpart. Everyone has their own "good enough".

For me personally, if the size is correct, that and the metal dome, lights, and sounds will offset the inaccuracies pointed out for a Star Wars R2 (aside from the projector. Painting that black will be easy enough.) SS R2 can be placed elsewhere or he might get the boot completely. Looks good, but I got one of the loose ankle joint ones where he can barely stand w/o the 3rd leg. Kinda disappointed with that. And who knows, maybe Tamashii's will come out and blow this away anyway.

This guy is a buy though, for my OT collection.

The HT is a TFA R2 though. Yeah, it looks "off" for a Star Wars R2, but is the figure accurate to TFA? If you compare HT C-3PO to a Star Wars C-3PO picture, it will look off too.

And even with the features mentioned being off, is it any different than Farmboy Luke having an ESB saber? Or the facial differences? Most figures will be slightly off from it's 1/1 counterpart. Everyone has their own "good enough".

For me personally, if the size is correct, that and the metal dome, lights, and sounds will offset the inaccuracies pointed out for a Star Wars R2 (aside from the projector. Painting that black will be easy enough.) SS R2 can be placed elsewhere or he might get the boot completely. Looks good, but I got one of the loose ankle joint ones where he can barely stand w/o the 3rd leg. Kinda disappointed with that. And who knows, maybe Tamashii's will come out and blow this away anyway.

This guy is a buy though, for my OT collection.

While TFA 3PO has several pretty noticeable differences from the OT 3PO (the most obvious being the lack of silver leg/foot and heavier build, but many others) TFA R2 really doesn't have any differences at all from OT R2 in the dome.

SSC R2 isn't spot-on either, but the SSC R2 dome is closer - it's possible HT had to sacrifice accuracy because of the metal. But yeah, while I got lucky with my SSC R2, I know a fair few people had hatches and loose joints issues.

It is a major question in all of this - HT is not the only company releasing a metal R2 in the next year. Tamashii's R2 proto I wasn't impressed by, but the finished product with 3PO seems to be still holding out as the best 1/6 3PO (and there's been quite a few now) so will be interesting to see.

Never apologise for having an opinion!

Opinions are fine so long as they conform to the prevailing breeze.:lol

I posted this a while back and nearly got killed for it (criticize HT at your own risk - I'm not kidding.):lol

The metal and weathering looks superb but actual features of R2's "face" aren't all that accurate if you look closer (main "eye" and housing, red lower eye and holoprojector all look a little off,) but hey - maybe you're not supposed to.:dunno:lol

2zpnmur.png

Thanks for sticking your neck out again. Much appreciated.

Back