1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious to see this in person and the price point. I am really happy with my sideshow but may get this or the tamashi should look as good as the tamashi c3po. Always has a soft spot for r2

Just like Vader, you can never only have one. Hopefully Tamashii will release one. I'll still keep the SS and pose him with another character.

So the new R2 it bigger than the Sideshow version, right? I really wanted to get an R5-D4, but now I'm all worried about the two being off in scale.

So the new R2 it bigger than the Sideshow version, right? I really wanted to get an R5-D4, but now I'm all worried about the two being off in scale.

I think that's still unknown. There's just not enough reference to determine the scale yet as far as I know.

I'm waiting for this one and Threepio as well. Hopefully they come as a set, and at a reasonable price. Looking forward to the reveal!

I'm waiting for this one and Threepio as well. Hopefully they come as a set, and at a reasonable price. Looking forward to the reveal!

It's been five months since the HT droids reveal and no hint about a PO. If this isn't announced soon, it's going to be something like a year and half between reveal and release.

It's amazing the patience you have to have in 1/6.:slap

It's been five months since the HT droids reveal and no hint about a PO. If this isn't announced soon, it's going to be something like a year and half between reveal and release.

It's amazing the patience you have to have in 1/6.:slap

Yeah that's true, I'm just looking forward to whenever they reveal it. Sounds like even the 1/4 Vader was shown about a year and a half ago, and still no PO. For the droids I don't know maybe they're waiting till closer to Ep VIII to put them up. In the meantime though there's still lots more coming out, and more that I have to save up for.

Also looking forward to the Sandtrooper Sergeant they showed off at the same time.

1ec599ff433f9fddac3989a5d1716899.jpg

Should be up on Sideshow for pre-order later today.

Sent from the Death Star communication division.

Aside from the diecast dome, I think HT's dropped the ball, the SS r2 comes loaded with way more stuff

Oh yeah the sound effects are cool too....guess it be nice to have both and mix match the accessories from the SS one

Wait for the ANH version with Princess Leia hologram...you know it's coming at some point!

Aside from the diecast dome, I think HT's dropped the ball, the SS r2 comes loaded with way more stuff

SS had loads of stuff, sure. It was relatively cheap, but it looked and felt cheap too.

It had a poor paint app, and dodgy "chrome" finish along with visible seams on the dome. It also had flimsy door compartments and fragile pop-outy bits. Battery life was poor, because it drained power even when the lights weren't activated. The legs were more loose than they ought to have been, making the figure easily unbalanced. It was also underscale.

SS R2 has only ever been a serviceable place-holder imo.

It looks great! The paint and weathering look fantastic. That being said, I'll be sticking with my SS R2. I know I would never use the sound feature and I don't think there'd be a huge difference between the HT and SS on my shelf. I know some people aren't fans of the SS figure, but I love mine. Excited to see Hot Toys finally producing the droids nonetheless!
Now where's C-3PO? :impatient: :lol

Back