1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm holding on to my SS R2. It was relatively cheap and has other display options that i'm sure the HT version won't.

My terrible iPhone photos from the floor image.jpg

image.jpg

Technically they are different since these are TFA droids. I doubt they will go for bounty hunters when SS has 4 coming in then next year.

I'm calling it now. Bounty Hunters from HT at next year's SDCC

This thing has Function, Lights AND Sounds?! OMG, take my money NOW!

I agree. It almost looks like they took the head and upper and lower torso from Tama, redid the wires and then added new limbs. Even the colors don't seem to match perfectly from the legs to the upper torso, that could just be lighting.

Looks like they took the giant SS hands too.

Please do, I ca t figure out how todo it from my phone. They are all posting sideways

Pain in the neck, but I think if you edit them first and just rotate them left, save, then rotate them back to the correct orientation and save again, it could fix it. Easy enough for one photo but annoying if you're doing a bunch.

and "function" whatever that entails. It also mentions "Remote Control..."

Since these are from TFA, no gadgets for R2. As much as it looks nice with the Die-cast Dome and great weathering, it's different enough for me to have this & the SS R2. I can always throw the useless drinking tray on him and put him with my SS Jabba... Plus I still think SS R2 was a great deal with everything it came with. I'm sure this is gonna be $200+... cause, you know, HT, die-cast & sound.

So die cast dome, lights, and sounds apparently.

$200 at least now. But these are the features that many demanded. I admit R2 is probably the only sixth scale figure of any character that I would actually look forward to sound. If they don't ****** it up like Vader that is.

Back