1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys R2-D2 - TFA Version

3PO comes with a gold arm, so will these be more generic droids, like for any of the films? How different are 3PO and R2 in TFA compared to the OT. I remember reading the 3PO suit was taken from the original molds, but I'm not certain.

3PO actually has a gold arm at the end of TFA when they're all waving at the Millennium Falcon :lol Theres no explanation, he just suddenly has it.

3PO actually has a gold arm at the end of TFA when they're all waving at the Millennium Falcon :lol Theres no explanation, he just suddenly has it.

Howard requested that so he could sell the figure with the extra arm. ;)

That's what I'm thinking now.

Yep. I just can't buy more SS merchandise just to see a better representation be offered 1 year later.

SSC needs to start bettering HT figures or this "wait for HT" idea that started two years ago will become a catastrophic buying pattern.

Scale looks wrong

Could be the angle, but either R2 looks a tad too big or 3PO looks a tad too small.

That'd be ironic - years of too-small R2's and now a too-large R2.:slap

The first person who says 3-PO looks fat should be slapped. (excluding me)

I'm happy enough with my SSC R2 for now (at least after a bit of fixing up and repainting), but that may change once I see the official HT pics of this.

Because man, that shiny dome does look absolutely gorgeous.

I love my SS R2, but I'll get that HT in a second if it's scaled well, the lights are easy to use, and is indeed better. I don't use any of the Jabba's sale barge stuff anyhow so, while I think it's nice when it's on, I won't miss that stuff.

It'll be interesting to see if R2 has lights and sound.

I'm sticking with my tamashii 3PO but my Sideshow R2 is absolutely on its way out. The finish on this looks incredible.

Right now I think I'll go with this R2 and keep my tamashii for the ANH display. My SS R2 will fit nicely with Yoda (and hopefully Degobah Luke).

They just did DS Trooper AND the DS Gunner AND a Gonk Droid. How much deeper do you need them to go?

That said, there still is reuse for the Imperials... and not much for most of the Bounty Hunters. So you may be right. But its a really expensive bet to get wrong. $1,000+

Right. And where the hell are the royal gaurds?!?

SSC needs to start bettering HT figures or this "wait for HT" idea that started two years ago will become a catastrophic buying pattern.

See it's getting worse then even then because originally there was a good separation between what SSC had done and what HT is doing. We got SSC R2 last year and now they're already previewing theirs. It's only a matter of time when they're stepping over each other.

See it's getting worse then even then because originally there was a good separation between what SSC had done and what HT is doing. We got SSC R2 last year and now they're already previewing theirs. It's only a matter of time when they're stepping over each other.

Would not mind seeing SSC concentrate more on statues and HT handling 1/6 scale.

Technically they are different since these are TFA droids. I doubt they will go for bounty hunters when SS has 4 coming in then next year.

I am going to try and sell my SSC R2.

I got it for a pretty decent price, so I hope to not have a big loss.

That dome looks fantastic.

I can keep my tamashii. That C3PO looks really a lot like a modified tamashii. Almost like tamashii sold the design to HT for this figure.

Back