1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys R2-D2 - TFA Version

Going back to the wait-for-HT mentality. There's no way I'm getting burned on 5 HT Bounty Hunters this time next year at SDCC 2017.

Aww come the **** on!! I can't be the only one pissed about this. The shared licence thing works great when it's good, but this kind of crap makes me feel duped. I just bought 2 friggin' R2s and 2 friggin' 3po's, after getting the Tama and luckily breaking even on my Medi's. Double dipping and re-releasing at this rate leaves a seriously bad taste :mad:

HT R2 will be superior to Sideshow in every way possible.

Why do collectors keep thinkingg "I'm covered on that" when something better always comes? Silly people.

... because where does it end?

This is perfect timing for me. I was going to go to Star Wars Launchbay at Disney Springs and pick up the droids with my discount on Saturday. Now I will wait.
Totally understand the people who are disappointed by this though.
It was inevitable with these guys though. Not sure where the licensing boundaries lie but as the only characters in every movie, it had to happen eventually.

When we leave the hobby.

It can't end. That's like saying "they made that movie already". :lol

:lecture

There will always be a better one later. That can be a great thing or an awful thing. Just depends on your attitude.

Big Question for the show: is it worth getting the Sideshow Bounty Hunters now...? Or wait for HT?

Personally I'm waiting. I have no doubts since HT is definitely diving deep into the SW license that all of them will be made probably with bases that interlock to make the bridge of the Executor.

Big Question for the show: is it worth getting the Sideshow Bounty Hunters now...? Or wait for HT?

At the point where HT is making a gonk droid, all bets are off.

Personally I'm waiting. I have no doubts since HT is definitely diving deep into the SW license that all of them will be made probably with bases that interlock to make the bridge of the Executor.

That's what I'm thinking now.

At the point where HT is making a gonk droid, all bets are off.

Yep. I just can't buy more SS merchandise just to see a better representation be offered 1 year later.

I was SERIOUSLY considering SSC Dengar, figured there will never be another one in 1/6, but HT has blown their load all over the place with OT background characters. I think it's safe to say every character has a very good chance at being made now. You guys may finally get your HT Tarkin. I'm hoping for HT Greedo, Hammerhead and Walrusman now.

On a side note I kept my SS Fett and opted not to go with HT!! So anything can happen my friends!!

I honestly still doubt, even after today, that HT will do the bounty hunters. I have nothing to base this on, just a gut feeling. They'll do ESB Boba, but the others?

They just did DS Trooper AND the DS Gunner AND a Gonk Droid. How much deeper do you need them to go?

That said, there still is reuse for the Imperials... and not much for most of the Bounty Hunters. So you may be right. But its a really expensive bet to get wrong. $1,000+

Those pistons actually pist. so excited!

They've been going hard with the ANH and Death Star theme, I can see them going hard with Hoth as well, but the Hunters? I'm not against it obviously, but I dunno.

Back