Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Can someone tell me how many versions of this figure Hot Toys made and which one fixed the incorrect collarbone hydraulics? (fatter pipes distal to centre line as opposed to proximal)?

I'm looking to buy a full metal T-800 and trying to find the most accurate one. I most likely won't be willing to pay the amounts that scales 1:4 and up warrant.

thx peeps

I'm looking to buy a full metal T-800 and trying to find the most accurate one.
then you should not look into HT versions at all, because they have no single accurately shaped detail.
and it's not full metal.
this one looks most accurate to date (meaning "it has less differences from a movie one than any other"), but it's a statue in a really stupid pose, not an action figure, and long sold => super expensive.

I was only aware of one version of this figure. Any samples you may see where the collarbone hydraulics have been fixed are custom-jobs.

As far as accuracy, I don't think there has yet been a completely accurate endoskeleton although I only have personal experience with a few of the action figures - McFarlane, NECA and Hot Toys. Of these, only this Hot Toys 1:4 has metal parts but much of it is still plastic.

There was another endoskeleton made by Aoshima - in ''1:6'' but their idea of 1:6 might be different to Hot Toys - I never had this one to be sure. I think it had metal components - but from pics it doesn't look completely accurate either.

I was only aware of one version of this figure. Any samples you may see where the collarbone hydraulics have been fixed are custom-jobs.

As far as accuracy, I don't think there has yet been a completely accurate endoskeleton although I only have personal experience with a few of the action figures - McFarlane, NECA and Hot Toys. Of these, only this Hot Toys 1:4 has metal parts but much of it is still plastic.

There was another endoskeleton made by Aoshima - in ''1:6'' but their idea of 1:6 might be different to Hot Toys - I never had this one to be sure. I think it had metal components - but from pics it doesn't look completely accurate either.

I had the die cast Aoshima. It's no where near the HT. The hands are one molded piece that don't look right at all. Still a nice endo fig though.

I also own it. Being metal it is quite cool, but the details are softer than HT endos.

If someone knows better, please prove me wrong, but the HT endo is the only one of all versions that I have seen that has the correct shoulder width.

I.e. the endo is the most realistic, as in it looks like it could actually fit inside Arnold's body. All the other endo's the shoulders are too wide.

(the L shape between the skull and the collarbone, take the lower horizontal line of that L and the shoulder is again as far from the end of the collar bone as the length of that horizontal line.) In the real endo the shoulder is much less wide than that line.

As if the giant horse teeth and undersized head weren't enough of a giveaway. :lol

Hi a quick question to any collector that can help I just bought an ex from a seller sealed in box out the box I noticed the right arm was not as tight as the the left , once I set it up with both rifles the tight arm (left) seemed to hold the rifle effortlessly the right arm struggles at a certain point then just totally drops as seen in the the pic that's as far as the right arm will hold the rifle before it falls any solutions ? Is this a common flaw ? Should I as for a partial refund or am I just nitpicking? I look at things like that because if I ever delisted it id have to point it out which would decrease the value listed as a flaw

Elbow or shoulder joint?

You can tighten up the joints that have the little phillips head screw in them. Just nip it up carefully to the desired joint tightness. If it's the big disc type joint at the shoulder (attached to the pistons), I'm not sure.

Tighten the screws in VERY small increments. Barely turning it will make a difference.

Hey guys, I just realised the legs of my terminator look like theyre rusted or rusting, is it meant to look like that? Have I just not noticed this whole time?
20151103_103622.jpg

Ok thanks for the reply :) glad to know im not inadvertently destroying it haha. It is a weird design choice though, i dont think i can unsee it

Sent from my SM-N9005

^Other forum members have removed the weathering with acetone. Not sure how safe that is, but the option is there if you want to unsee it.

Back