Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some have removed it. I think there are some examples buried in this thread.

Edit: yeah what he said! (SaigonExpress69)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acetone with cotton swab removes the weathering layer. Did it the first week I've had this figure and been looking great since.

Acetone with cotton swab removes the weathering layer. Did it the first week I've had this figure and been looking great since.
That sounds great! Im an absolute novice at any of this though, is there must risk of stripping the paint or anything like that?

Sent from my SM-N9005

Most people who have removed the weathering used the NON-acetone version of Nail polish remover. Non Acetone versions are essentially (ethyl acetate or Methyl ethyl keytone).

Raw Acetone may be too harsh itself.

You take a soft cloth like mirco fiber and just dab softly in a test area first to see what the reaction is. Then if you like the result continue on. Just make sure you cloth is soft so you dont scratch the Chrome.

That sounds great! Im an absolute novice at any of this though, is there must risk of stripping the paint or anything like that?

Sent from my SM-N9005

Sorry my mistake. I just checked the bottle I used. Its non-acetone nail polish remover. It will not hurt the figure material or chrome finish.

Thanks so much for the advise! Ill give it a try this weekend :)

Sent from my SM-N9005
Don't let the non acetone polish remover touch his eyes. It can mess up the plastic. Not that you'd be cleaning his face, but I figured it's worth the warning.

Terminators assemble!
image.jpg

Cool picture. The endoskeleton head sculpt still bugs me though. HT screwed that one up.

I've found this MIB for around 500 euros (ebay prices are at around 700). Should I pull the trigger? I love the Endo and the 1/4 scale works great for me. Inaccuracies aside, is there anything better at this scale?

How much do you guys think can I sell my regular QS002 on Ebay? Most items listed are EX, or are sealed. Mine's previously displayed, but in great condition with collarbone pistons corrected. TIA!

Around $500. The sealed versions are obviously going to be sought after, so you'd probably want to take the hit and go a little cheaper than them.

In most cases I would be more interested in an opened collectible, that has been verified for damage and problems, than in a factory sealed one.

Around $500. The sealed versions are obviously going to be sought after, so you'd probably want to take the hit and go a little cheaper than them.

Thanks for the input, buddy. Yeah, I know the sealed ones can get more premium on the price. I think $500 is good for me. Sad to let this go, but I gotta as I decided to streamline.

In most cases I would be more interested in an opened collectible, that has been verified for damage and problems, than in a factory sealed one.

Same here. I prefer opened boxes particularly when buying long sold-out figures released years back.Not only do I usually get better deals on them, but I also have less worries for damages, flaking rubber, leaking batteries, etc.

Just 2 weeks ago I got my Catwoman PF from a friend, and it was my first time to get a sealed Sideshow PF (he got it straight from SSC, while our local SSC distributor checks all the PFs before sending to their stores so the clients need not be the ones to take care of replacement request if there's a need to). Knowing the QC concerns regarding the eyes, broken parts, and catsuit problems I was hoping for the best while unboxing. Good thing it was perfect :)

That's a smart collector's way of thinking, but eBay isn't a collective of intelligence :lol most garden variety collectors, more so newbs would just want a new one.

I'd much buy a modded version if I had the choice now, preferably with filed down teefs...

Only reason I'm not trying to sell mine is a sad need for completism :rolleyes2 ...and high shipping costs.

I love the engineering on this figure...but that's pretty much it.

Back