Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn that's really off putting, especially since I was looking to posing this guy as T1ish as I could manage. I'm also not a pose once and leave alone kinda collector, I get figures so that I can change them up when I'm not feeling a pose anymore.

£300-£350 just started looking like too much for something so fragile. How fragile is the rest of it?

The fingers are loose on mine but no sign of breaking. I might end up flipping it. I could use 500$ about now.

One persons finger breaks and.....

tumblr_m3ont5ETJr1r1c6m5o1_500.gif

I personally can't wait to get mine.

Has anyone bought or pre-ordered through alter ego comics? They charged me last week but no email on shipping or tracking. Had this pre-ordered since last year.

Has anyone bought or pre-ordered through alter ego comics? They charged me last week but no email on shipping or tracking. Had this pre-ordered since last year.

I haven't bought anything from them but tons of people on this forum have. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Ok thanks for the reply :). I wasnt worried about getting ripped off lol just wondering if anybody got it if they ordered there. Thats why i ordered there actually. Cause of this forum :)

Actually, people seem to tacking it pretty well. The ones who don't want to buy this figure already made that choice, the ones who will.. still will..

True but give it time, im sure people will see the finger break and avoid this thing like the plague thinking theirs will end up that way. People bash EB bats and avoid that because of the odd QC problems people reported yet mine had none. Its the nature of the beast in manufacturing its hit and miss, especially when these are mass produced not every single one is perfect and its unfortunate but something will happen to them during the process.

Recently entered into the crazy and expensive world of 1/6 figures and of course I had to add one of the "classics" into my young collection. I was too late for the Hot Toys 1/6 endoskeleton- prices were through the roof...$300 and over on auction sites, and that's USED price! For that kind of dough getting the 1/4 was a no brainer.

While I waited for the 1/4, I got a 1/6 Aoshima endoskeleton at reasonable price just for kicks. That figure really surprised me- super substantial with over 95% die-cast. I was actually surprised by the lightness of the Hot Toys 1/4!

Anyways coming back to the Hot Toys 1/4...it's worth every penny imo, considering how much the price of 1/6 figures have skyrocketed..even the 1/6 HT Iron Man are about $300 now.

It's the first chromed, fully articulated endoskeleton produced at a earthly price...there's nothing more I could ask for really. Still remember the days when an accurate representation of the endoskeleton is a vinyl kit..this is like a childhood dream come true :)

ok I couldn't resist - just a quick one as im guna pose it and have a proper play at the weekend when I have more time.

the look here (although ya can`t really tell) is where the t800 is chasing sarah and kyle down the corridor of the factory trailing its damaged left leg.

as I said just a quick picture. and as ya can see, its fairly sturdy as i'm not using a stand there.

you can always tell if you have it in a natural looking pose is if its able to stand on its own without it toppling over!

20130507_232923.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bump this pic again...I might pose mine like this without the gun. It looks like T1 without the gun.

How the hell did Sideshow screw up my order. I ordered the Exclusive the day it went on sale, and they sent me the regular version. I have to call them Monday but since its sold out I guess I am SOL. Nice figure, but I am returning it. They will probably offer me $35.00 or something ridiculous like that. Don't they check when they pack these things. :cuckoo:

How the hell did Sideshow screw up my order. I ordered the Exclusive the day it went on sale, and they sent me the regular version. I have to call them Monday but since its sold out I guess I am SOL. Nice figure, but I am returning it. They will probably offer me $35.00 or something ridiculous like that. Don't they check when they pack these things. :cuckoo:

This exact same thing happened to me. :( I hope we don't get stuck with the regular version. I preordred as soon as it went up too. Very frustrating either way.

After having it for 48 hours, I'm grossly unimpressed with this. I think the whole thing should be matte and not so damn shiny. It has no realism to it at all.

Are you being serious, or trolling?

The little finger on the right hand was pretty loose when i got it. The other fingers had much more friction. Today after very light handling it just broke off :(. I saw a obvious stress mark on plastic connector of the fingers...

IMAG0023_zpsd0f2ae7c.jpg

IMAG0022_zps02826ba3.jpg

That sucks dude. Did you get it from Sideshow? If so, just contact them and tell them it's broken. They should be able to replace it for you, or you could try gluing it yourself, if the repair won't be noticeable.

Personally, if I was you I'd keep it if they can't give you the exclusive version, especially if they offer you a $35 discount. I agree, there is no excuse for screwing up your order, but it's happened now, can't do much about it. You either get the standard or no figure, and if you'd rather take no figure you're crazy lol. It's just an extra gun. I'd gladly accept a standard version for $35 less over an extra el cheapo plastic gun.

Are you being serious, or trolling?

That sucks dude. Did you get it from Sideshow? If so, just contact them and tell them it's broken. They should be able to replace it for you, or you could try gluing it yourself, if the repair won't be noticeable.

Personally, if I was you I'd keep it if they can't give you the exclusive version, especially if they offer you a $35 discount. I agree, there is no excuse for screwing up your order, but it's happened now, can't do much about it. You either get the standard or no figure, and if you'd rather take no figure you're crazy lol. It's just an extra gun. I'd gladly accept a standard version for $35 less over an extra el cheapo plastic gun.

agreed....won't be hard to recast that gun at all.

It's kind of dismaying that the figure's legs appear to be just as articulated as the 1/6 T-800, and the T-600 is still able to pull off more naturally dynamic poses. I realize that Hot Toys would have to alter the design to allow for a greater range of motion, but I wonder if it would have been worth it.

I personally can't wait to get mine.

Same here!!

Recently entered into the crazy and expensive world of 1/6 figures and of course I had to add one of the "classics" into my young collection. I was too late for the Hot Toys 1/6 endoskeleton- prices were through the roof...$300 and over on auction sites, and that's USED price! For that kind of dough getting the 1/4 was a no brainer.

While I waited for the 1/4, I got a 1/6 Aoshima endoskeleton at reasonable price just for kicks. That figure really surprised me- super substantial with over 95% die-cast. I was actually surprised by the lightness of the Hot Toys 1/4!

Anyways coming back to the Hot Toys 1/4...it's worth every penny imo, considering how much the price of 1/6 figures have skyrocketed..even the 1/6 HT Iron Man are about $300 now.

It's the first chromed, fully articulated endoskeleton produced at a earthly price...there's nothing more I could ask for really. Still remember the days when an accurate representation of the endoskeleton is a vinyl kit..this is like a childhood dream come true :)

I have both the 1:6 regular and BD Endos plus the Aoshima. The Aoshima is quite underrated, and in fact is a very nice figure, made of metal. If I could afford another one some day I would mod it into a Stormtrooper Endoskeleton (as in my signature) after getting some SS or Marmit 1:6 Stormtrooepr armor.

agreed....won't be hard to recast that gun at all.

I'm sure that will happen. As I said before I already have my BD 1:6 endo displayed with dual guns and will not display the 1:4 with two guns. But if someone will cast the Endo rifle I might get one just for the sake of it.

I took off the hand and am sending it back to Timcent88.
He says he'll take to the Hot Toys store to get a replacement.
So i'll just have to have a little patience..

Back