Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're comparing a distorted, washed out picture with flash of a mass-produced finished product, with a professionally shot promo pic of a prototype. Compare apples to apples. With a little help from the right light the now years old 1/6 scale looks comparable to the prototype 1/4. Yes, the 1/4 scale still looks better, but only slightly, and I think the chrome finish is distorting people's view. What I'm asking is, what can't be done in 1/6 that's been done here in 1/4?

1452545757_b4ebf30a6e.jpg

I don't think it's just "slightly".:cuckoo:

You're comparing a distorted, washed out picture with flash of a mass-produced finished product, with a professionally shot promo pic of a prototype. Compare apples to apples. With a little help from the right light the now years old 1/6 scale looks comparable to the prototype 1/4. Yes, the 1/4 scale still looks better, but only slightly, and I think the chrome finish is distorting people's view. What I'm asking is, what can't be done in 1/6 that's been done here in 1/4?

you have no idea what your talking about. ^^^^

San Winstons cinemaquette will always be king! but i don't have $3000:(

3263807808_6a85937daf.jpg

165900_10150955194537344_1174183792_n.jpg

Nope, QS002 is still hotter.

I think it's the size and sharpness of the detail that makes the scale appealing, at least for this particular figure. Look at the black areas between the metal parts. Those are painted. HT has become the king of 1/6 painting since the days of the original Endoskeleton, but even now, keeping such a thin line clean will be tough on a smaller figure (and printing it is not an option since those lines belong in grooves). Here, it's not a problem. If you can't afford a CM or equally expensive statue, this is certainly looking good. The fact that it's a poseable figure and you have the option of dual-wielding plasma rifles is only a cherry on top of an already large cake.

The teeth, the finish, the black lines, the eye sockets, these are all small details that can still be done in a smaller scale, but not quite as well. If anything, 1/4 simply offers a larger and safer canvas to play with when it comes to intricacy.

My question is, why does this need to be done in 1/4 scale? 1/4 scale is supposed to be for those who do not want to compromise when it comes to detail. So then, why is this missing so much detail? Someone else brought it up in the other thread, that the connecting wires from the wrist to the fingers are completely missing, along with the forearm hoses. Why not make the eyes PERS? Other than the chrome finish, and the slightly better teeth (although still far from perfect) what makes this better than their last release in 1/6 scale? Why should I spend more than triple the price of the original 1/6 scale for something 6 inches taller/ electroplated?

Why PERS? Did you ever see an Endo moving the eyes on the films?
They have fixed eyes...

is it just me? why does the 1/4 scale terminator's head shape more like a t-600 than a t-800 in some of the promo pictures?!

For me Aoshima had a better head sculpt in 1/6 than Hot toys. In 1/4 Argo nauts is still on top for me. Beats sideshows 1/4 and neca! But a ready to buy chrome endoskeleton with not a bad likeness =win for me!
Any pics shown of Enter bays endo?

Unless its technically just not possible I don't see why the above ought to mean the figure not have that feature.

Their eyes move, but only in close-up shots. It will be so unnoticeable and combined with the LEDS, will only result in trouble during production. HT either figured it wasn't worth the inevitable hassle or never even considered it due to the first point I made.

Their eyes move, but only in close-up shots. It will be so unnoticeable and combined with the LEDS, will only result in trouble during production. HT either figured it wasn't worth the inevitable hassle or never even considered it due to the first point I made.

Yeah I don't know if it would have been doable when you're also talking about LEDs but I don't think it was by any means silly for Black Magic to bring it up. If it could have been pulled off it would have been cool, you'd be able to have the option of, but not be limited to, that intimidating upturned-eye stare that the endoskull does in the T2 main title sequence.

After the CM, this is the best endo out there IMO . If the 1:2 had a meaner head with good teeth, I would say otherwise. It helps that this is pose able and comes with 2 guns as well. I'm all over this. Ht killed every other company in the paint department and that was 1/6 scale. SS is in trouble if Ht makes these limited and from the looks, EB is in for a fight, and they're down on the cards already.

You right, I forgot we were talking about the first movie here and that this figure is based on the first Endo...
STILL, I see no need for PERS with this one...

Last edited:
My apologies if I offended anyone looking forward to this figure. It was not my intention to bash it. I can see why some think I'm mental in thinking that the old 1/6 release is comparable to this new 1/4 release; on closer inspection, I was a bit mental in suggesting it :lol It's just that I'm looking forward to it so much, that I want it to be perfect, and I'm overanalyzing because I want the definitive endo to show for my 4-500 dollars. Hopefully when I see this in hand, I'll eat my own hat.

You right, I forgot we were talking about the first movie here and that this figure is based on the first Endo...
STILL, I see no need for PERS with this one...

I somewhat agree. Having PERS doesn't make or break the figure but I do think it would look bad ass if you tilted the head down while angling the eyes upward for that menacing look.

Back