Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing. Missed out on the SS PF, missed out on the HT 1/6 and now Im glad I did. I love this figure. Instant buy.

This looks great but I won't make a decision until I see the EB one. They did not let me now with their T-800 (the favorite piece in my collection). In the though, best price and best build wins.

THIS is why we need remakes, people. Loving the chrome and the teeth are actually better than both SSC's and HGC's bust attempts. The double plasma rifles should be a Sideshow exclusive when it finally becomes available for preorder for us Westerners, so I know who I'll be buying from... and imagine the rewards points on this, too. Lots of money to be used on future items.

I like it - it looks great, but is it just me, or do the teeth look a bit derpy?

t2_bust3.jpg

:monkey3

My question is, why does this need to be done in 1/4 scale? 1/4 scale is supposed to be for those who do not want to compromise when it comes to detail. So then, why is this missing so much detail? Someone else brought it up in the other thread, that the connecting wires from the wrist to the fingers are completely missing, along with the forearm hoses. Why not make the eyes PERS? Other than the chrome finish, and the slightly better teeth (although still far from perfect) what makes this better than their last release in 1/6 scale? Why should I spend more than triple the price of the original 1/6 scale for something 6 inches taller/ electroplated?

My question is, why does this need to be done in 1/4 scale? 1/4 scale is supposed to be for those who do not want to compromise when it comes to detail. So then, why is this missing so much detail? Someone else brought it up in the other thread, that the connecting wires from the wrist to the fingers are completely missing, along with the forearm hoses. Why not make the eyes PERS? Other than the chrome finish, and the slightly better teeth (although still far from perfect) what makes this better than their last release in 1/6 scale? Why should I spend more than triple the price of the original 1/6 scale for something 6 inches taller/ electroplated?

I think that was me. Yeah there are some missed opportunities on this which hopefully Enterbay will take advantage of...especially now that, by many people's reckoning, they've had their @$$ handed to them by Hot Toys in the 1/4 scale Batman war. Yeah, basically with this one its just the chrome and the fact of larger size that it has over the 1:6. Ehhh..I'm still buying :lol

I think that was me. Yeah there are some missed opportunities on this which hopefully Enterbay will take advantage of...especially now that, by many people's reckoning, they've had their @$$ handed to them by Hot Toys in the 1/4 scale Batman war. Yeah, basically with this one its just the chrome and the fact of larger size that it has over the 1:6. Ehhh..I'm still buying :lol

The teeth also look great, I'd say. And I really don't think this needs PERS.

PLUS the head sculpt is 10 times better:horror

IN your opinion, but not in mine.

Need little insight, havent been reading the forums for quiet a while.

Is it true that HT is getting into 1/4 scale? I would prefer 1/4 scale, but are they gonna make 1/4 scale figures for every figure they make in 1/6 scale from now on as well?

I mean figures like TDKR, T2 DX, Avengers line, can we expect them in 1/4 scale? If yes, than when as I havent seen actuall annoucment and a date for 1/4 scale for any of these lines.

Any help really appreciated.

And another done deal for me. Man... Hot Toys is going to make a ____ load of money off us this year.

dderrrrr hello 100000000000% better:yess:

tumblr_l0vdskQ6fW1qz7lkuo1_500.jpg

29785d1343322640-hot-toys-terminator-1-4th-scale-endoskeleton-collectible-figure-1htendobig6.jpg

You're comparing a distorted, washed out picture with flash of a mass-produced finished product, with a professionally shot promo pic of a prototype. Compare apples to apples. With a little help from the right light the now years old 1/6 scale looks comparable to the prototype 1/4. Yes, the 1/4 scale still looks better, but only slightly, and I think the chrome finish is distorting people's view. What I'm asking is, what can't be done in 1/6 that's been done here in 1/4?

1452545757_b4ebf30a6e.jpg

Back