HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple of nit piks that I hope are changed.

1) Vader needs more bulk. It was my big problem with HT Vaders body and what I loved about Sideshows newer Vader body. It was THICC.

8093ce4e4b532ee11f374b24f1b9568d.jpg

HT needs to get his guy to the gym before release.
697941500d7a83dd516bc6e7c6715c3a.jpg

b56f402e836ea33a0645a32ffa9e412f.jpg

2) The ribbed nature of the suit (not sure if that's the correct term). This:
6c5969a860d9cd10e67b1bd16901b64e.jpg

Should be more like:

36419ed860d08c86f3cea744cdbef69f.jpg

And yes the Life support Box is too or the belt too low. But of all this little things I would prefer that he gets bulked up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don’t like buying Star Wars stuff because well... be real broke. But too have a1/4 Vader from one of the original movies, be pretty cool for my collection.. hmm maybe this and darth mauel!!

I guess this has been said, but that stand looks ridiculous ! and unstable too. I swear it looks like it's got a lean on it. Imagine a 1/4 toppling over....nooooooo !!!

Not good HT, for $575 I'd have expected much better than that. Either a diorama base or something stable and simple.

Assume you can disassemble it to only use the top layer.

star-wars-darth-vader-quarter-scale-figure-hot-toys-9025061-02.jpg

Looks like a scale from this angle.

Emperor : Vader I sense you've put on weight, get on those scales and let me see !

37619937_10155633058067344_2627086496867287040_n.jpg

1) Vader needs more bulk. It was my big problem with HT Vaders body and what I loved about Sideshows newer Vader body. It was THICC.

8093ce4e4b532ee11f374b24f1b9568d.jpg

HT needs to get his guy to the gym before release.
697941500d7a83dd516bc6e7c6715c3a.jpg

b56f402e836ea33a0645a32ffa9e412f.jpg

2) The ribbed nature of the suit (not sure if that's the correct term). This:
6c5969a860d9cd10e67b1bd16901b64e.jpg

Should be more like:

36419ed860d08c86f3cea744cdbef69f.jpg

And yes the Life support Box is too or the belt too low. But of all this little things I would prefer that he gets bulked up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has more of a "six keg" than "six pack" going on in ROTJ:)
And i can forgive HT for the little inaccuracies on the costume...as the face mask and helmet look glorious!

Sure it has already been discussed but what’s the deal with that 2 level stand?

Hope it can reduce to one.

I guess this has been said, but that stand looks ridiculous ! and unstable too. I swear it looks like it's got a lean on it. Imagine a 1/4 toppling over....nooooooo !!!

Not good HT, for $575 I'd have expected much better than that. Either a diorama base or something stable and simple.

View attachment 419274

Emperor : Vader I sense you've put on weight, get on those scales and let me see !

View attachment 419275

The base/stand is definitely a head scratcher...hopefully it comes apart...

I would have preferred a stairway effect base..as seen in the Emperor's throne room..

Pretty awesome. I'm more than happy with my Iron studios Vader though.

Same here. IS Vader is stunning, no figure or statue so far can replace it. And one thing that worries me about pleather is its flaking in time. I might get it still, need to see if I have enough display space though. And I really want one of those 1/4 Stormies

Sure it has already been discussed but what’s the deal with that 2 level stand?

Hope it can reduce to one.

View attachment 419274

That tall stand is weird. Sideshow started this trend and now HT comes with their version. Hope you can disassemble it

Preordered beeaatches!!! First one I pulled the trigger on at the Con...will go nice next to Bubba Fatt QS, that’s what I call him. Ok, later. Bye

I hate the stand. Why did they think it was necessary to add several inches to something that’s already huge.

Yeah I agree it definitely needs more bulk. Right now it's got the same flat and lean torso from the ROTS Vader it started out as, which just doesn't look right for ROTJ at all.

Right now I'm leaning more towards just getting the 1/6 ESB Vader since the overall proportions feel a whole lot more accurate to me, and because the chest armor is lower like I prefer it. And the fact it's got a much cooler base doesn't hurt either.

I like the sculpt , it was hard to tell because he had the bottom of Vader’s mask covering Shaw’s mouth when he talked.

Are the eyes slightly looking to the side

Back