HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered! I didn't keep my preorder for the 1/4 Boba and wish i had. Not gonna miss this one.

Isn't QS Boba still available on most website and ebay in both deluxe and standard, at the exact same price (sometimes even cheaper) tho ?

Overall pretty bummed it isn't ROTS, or even better, R1 Vader.
I guess they had to go ROTJ for a headcult and justify this price tag
Going to order it anyways as we wont have any other QS vader for a loooooong time.

About the head/helmet thing:

Newly developed head sculpt with movie-accurate facial expression, detailed scars, wrinkles and skin texture

03840b28315aafe079fd3725bb612a65.jpg

Newly crafted helmet with detachable outer helmet to reveal the back of Darth Vader’s battle-damaged head

bb4f4b1ea4857c81303dba7713a3badc.jpg

I think it is 2 heads. One reveal and one helmet in which you can take apart to reveal the back of his head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could be right bebe....and i hope there are two heads as i'd like to display the Anakin sculpt as well..

Yeah but it is funny that isn't made clear.
I just can't assume that HT would risk scuffing up the head, that it would be easy to make a fully detachable helmet with Anakin inside. You can see from the pic with just the back of the head showing how tight of a squeeze it would be to fit the head into the helmet.

The way it reads to me on Sideshows site is two head sculpts. One with full reveal, and another where only the top part comes off to reveal the back. I keep trying find a reason not to get this, and I keep coming up empty. The 80s kid in me is just screaming to get the order in already.

The way it reads to me on Sideshows site is two head sculpts. One with full reveal, and another where only the top part comes off to reveal the back. I keep trying find a reason not to get this, and I keep coming up empty. The 80s kid in me is just screaming to get the order in already.

The reason for me is — hopefully they reveal a sixth scale version one day that’s identical other than scale. It’s a gorgeous figure and looks more accurate than the ESB sixth scale version. As I said earlier, the high quality level of this gives me a reason to wait.

Maybe this is their ROTJ Vader release and they wont do another 1:6 after the ESB one.

Oh who am I kidding, making Vader figures is like a license to print money :lol

Yeah this would be my first as well, and I'm kinda curious how much more difficult they might be to pose and work with. Since I usually have to struggle to find a natural looking pose for my RO Vader.

If it's anything like the TDKR Batman or ROTJ Boba Fett, the articulation is great for these figures. Really nice ratchet joints.

Maybe this is their ROTJ Vader release and they wont do another 1:6 after the ESB one.

Oh who am I kidding, making Vader figures is like a license to print money :lol

Not agree they must release 1/6 scale rotj vader you can see bobafett they also release 1/4 Bob's frost then release 1/6 after year

I don't like statues. You're stuck with the pose they give you. What if you want to set it up with the 1/4 Boba Fett against a cloud city backdrop, like the reveal in Empire? Or what if you want to pose him with his lightsaber ready to attack Luke, with a Throne Room backdrop? This way you have either option, with a statue you do not.

Iron Studio Vader statue gives some options for pose, but yes most of the time you are stuck. I started with figures, but have almost none now. Most never look right even posed, I worry about durability in some poses I might want to do, and hate stands/visible joints. Figs like this one work ok for me as it doesn't have most of those issues. Price on this guy is almost as much as I paid for my IS statue and even more than the last SS 1/4 PF.

Back