HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they were going to do something ROTS, I don't see why they'd do Vader anyway. He's the least memorable thing about the movie when you compare it to other versions of him.

If Hot Toys wants to do something Revenge of the Sith related, why not the Emperor, or General Grievous, or a RoTS Clone trooper, or Commander Cody or Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Vader doesn't even use his lightsaber in ROTS.

If they were going to do something ROTS, I don't see why they'd do Vader anyway. He's the least memorable thing about the movie when you compare it to other versions of him.

If Hot Toys wants to do something Revenge of the Sith related, why not the Emperor, or General Grievous, or a RoTS Clone trooper, or Commander Cody or Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Vader doesn't even use his lightsaber in ROTS.

I'd love a ROTS Sidious and Obi-Wan.

Since they are doing ROTS, his stand better be electronic and have his now infamous line, 'NOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

No, it shouldn't be in his stand, it should be inside his chest/back and activated by a remote . . .

Then you should have to take off all the clothes to access it and turn the switch on, only for it to reset and shut off once you put it all back on and futz him.

I'm REALLY disappointed that Sideshow didn't unveil another Darth Vader at this year's con... the 1:6 scale Ralph McQuarrie Concept version.

I have a sneaking suspicion that he will never see the light of day.

Slide04.jpg

It boils down to what you're looking for in your collection. As an average Star Wars fan, I can tell the differences in the different Vaders. I too was hoping for a different version, but this is what they are going with.

Honestly it's not so much the body that I find distasteful as it is the helmet. I think the revised upper chest armor in RoTS looks alright. I don't like it more than his OT chest armor but I get the seamless look they were going for.

The helmet though... It's wrong in so many different ways. The lack of asymmetry isn't an issue in regards to design, it's the various details and dimensions of the helmet.

The helmet/dome looks too big, and the mask looks too small. I think this is in part because the line between the dome itself and the "skirt" of the dome is isn't sharp enough. It isn't that the "skirt" is coming out too far at the bottom, it's that the "skirt" begins too close to where it ends in regards to horizontal distance. I am sorry I'm not explaining it well.

Regarding the collar of Vader's helmet, I always liked the idea of that the collar of Vader's helmet looked somewhat similar to a neck brace because it was a neck brace, owing to him having broken his neck at some point. In RoTJ, when he is being electrocuted, you can see that the model of his skeleton has something attached to his neck; once I noticed this I assumed the people who designed his skeleton had intended to convey that he had suffered damage to his neck. The RoTS helmet's collar, however, looks too similar to a neck brace because it is too long, and there is a sort of "U" curve to the bottom of it that is very reminiscent of actual neck braces.

The flat lenses look bad. Vader's bubble lenses serve to make his mask more unique, and add considerably to his striking appearance in my opinion.

Finally, the completely gloss black mask looks strange. I feel like this is because the various contours and lines of Vader's mask become lost from a visual perspective when the entire mask is the same color and finish. I know that the Vader helmet in the OT only had a alternating pattern of black and gunmetal gray because all black didn't show up well on the cameras they were using, but I think that Vader's appearance is certainly the better for it. Even in person, I prefer the alternating gunmetal and black pattern to completely black. I think this is because this alternating dual color scheme is particularly suited to Vader's mask, because of the many contours and lines that serve to somewhat divide the mask into sections.

I really hope that the Rogue One costume is able to achieve a completely symmetrical look while still getting the dimensions and various details of the helmet right. Symmetry is fine, but it has to be done right.

This is the reason why I wish they could have done an all in one Vader...would have been pretty easy to do.
I feel like old HT from 5 years ago maybe would have done that, but now it is about milking a franchise/character (which I totally understand from a business perspective). I mean, I would be kinda erked if they announced a 1/4 scale ESB version after this one.
But still, I'd be happy with this guy. I think I'm just looking for a high quality Vader figure...I think this one still looks great, menacing, detailed, has a lot of visual impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This 1/4 Vader will fit my needs for now, but still looking for the ultimate model/version to rep him in my collection.

98da798245193d714a54a630b7a36706.jpg

42e669bea0fea62c9f362701f6e367d9.jpg

I would be more than happy with this in my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This figure does look good in pics but I can't stand rots vader. That suit was made for a tall body builder not a skinny little kid. It just looked wrong!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back