HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks beast, would be beyond pumped if they did a McQ Vader.... in either scale tbh.

This figure does look good in pics but I can't stand rots vader. That suit was made for a tall body builder not a skinny little kid. It just looked wrong!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I was hoping they would do an "idealized" Vader...one where it is the ROTS suit but with the body size of Prowse.
From pics the figure doesn't look too skinny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hoping they would do an "idealized" Vader...one where it is the ROTS suit but with the body size of Prowse.
From pics the figure doesn't look too skinny.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Figure doesn't actually look too bad

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah I know. The suit looks great...one thing is I wish the electronic chest box was a lil higher up.
Otherwise this is a knock out. Love the helmet too. And I'm a diehard ESB Vader.
But I could be perfectly happy with this as my 1/4 scale Vader and my modded "everything" 1/6th scale Vader (New SS ROTJ Vader with HT helmet).

I cannot believe that is the best they can do with the gloves..............

I don't know if they are like the HT ANH sixth scale ones.
Look more like the inner glove and forearm glove are one sculpted piece. Let's hope anyways.

54f72aeb83b5d09b59bdf8ecf9c16458.jpg

29853f8a6aa8bbd4a97a82077d42818c.jpg

fbf96ad5cce37d65314b6cda82c320c5.jpg

It also appears the eye lenses are more curved than flat...but it could be an allusion.
I like the OT curved look rather than the Revenge flat lense.

I mean the helmet looks a lot like the Return of the Jedi helmet and less like the Revenge of the Sith. I actually was researching and didn't realize the ESB and ROTJ were different. ROTJ is a bit more of a uniform black and seems glossier.

Man I'm excited for this figure.

9929f8a87da476af59152e1d8dd780e9.jpg

13eba03e1be37fbcc5280ce3cc48a9c4.jpg

409329c7a3d054914ef26c60f26df1ba.jpg
59bfc93c524db5b5180f2edbebb2969d.jpg
93e1567d6249f9bbe6a9e01a228c2dd3.jpg
784a618e9fe48e0cccfd54a359e11821.jpg

More pics to compare the HT version with the ROTJ and ESB version.

92069ec6fa23737322629ebc8e480111.jpg

Also it looks like the neck area is a little different, showing the back collar piece

d9304055085fa74fbdb5680958448c0d.jpg

Also...where are the posts for this! If this was a 1/4 scale IM ppl would be all over this.

OMG I lost faith in this still happening. Glad to see its still coming! As soon as this goes up, I'm preordering. I love ROTS. Will be my first QS figure too. ^_^

Well, I didn't want to get this piece. I was hoping the SS PF would satisfy my needs for a 1/4 scale Vader. But with those photos, I'm know I'm gonna be outta some more money. I hope it goes up for preorder soon.

OMG I lost faith in this still happening. Glad to see its still coming! As soon as this goes up, I'm preordering. I love ROTS. Will be my first QS figure too. ^_^

I know! I know! My big want (and the 1/4 Stormtrooper). I'm also getting the new SS Vader and putting an EBay HT head on it...so I'll be fully happy with my VADER collection.

I'm not a big fan of the ROTS version (tho of all the prequels movie i do enjoy that one). My Favorite movie is Empire Strikes Back and it is the one Star Wars movie I can watch over and over. I think all the OT SW characters are characterized best in this film, especially Lord Vader. His uncaring attitude towards his lieutenants, the Imperial March John Williams theme, his Super Star Destroyer, his fight with Luke and his epic reveal. I'd love this version most.

But if you look at my comparison pictures, the helmet seems to look more OT than ROTS. And he seems to look bulkier than the Hayden Christensen worn Vader suit. Here is another pic (don't know why they have him looking way up.)

ed755ae5e70b79650544a6cf7cd86f25.jpg

man I really hope they get heir #*$ together and put him up for PO SOON!

man I really hope they get heir #*$ together and put him up for PO SOON!

I've been waiting for a Pre-order for this for too long. I wonder how many Iron Men have gone by since this was first revealed ha

I've been waiting for a Pre-order for this for too long. I wonder how many Iron Men have gone by since this was first revealed ha

I know.. I just dont understand.. they showed this at so many shows already..

Back