HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about the smaller batteries for the 1/4 scale Vader?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah man that?s a beautiful picture. Oddly enough my Vader is posed the exact same way.

6f62838f3e4062d32f6320862669ba29.jpg

Haha that's wild1 Looks like the same lighting in the detolf as well. I ran my wire down the back side of the frame. I wish I'd have drilled a hole in the back of the base to run the wire out of! I think I'm going to try it on the next one I build.

Ahoy Shipmates!
A new project underway.. I'll post progress/process my customs thread when the full set of hands are further along.
The plan is for a full set of ANH conversion parts.

Attachments

• ANH vader.jpg
    ANH vader.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 347
  • anh vhand.jpg
    anh vhand.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 342
Can?t wait to see that Ahab. Looks like you sliced up a 1/6 Vader outfit for the gloves.

Thanks! I picked up an extra set of gloves and 1/4 scale suit (using different areas of the suit) to get the look I was going for. It was a little tedious at first, but by the third glove I hit a stride.

Thanks! I picked up an extra set of gloves and 1/4 scale suit (using different areas of the suit) to get the look I was going for. It was a little tedious at first, but by the third glove I hit a stride.

Yes, definitely show us how you are doing the gloves. They look so much better now!

12e1eb278e26ec50db68aba4291a0256.jpg

Loving this piece. Can?t stop checking it out and am on the hunt for an individual display case for it.

Just need to force that hilt into his hand, its a pretty tight squeeze though unless I?m using the wrong hands. Lol

Hot Toys 1:4 Darth Vader figure, an exceptional piece, quite accurate and really big. Very impressive in person, I like the beautiful details on the suit and helmet. The Anakin/Sebastian Shaw sculpt is amazing, but I will not use it. I chose this simple museum pose for the final display, also didn't take the cell batteries out of their small tray (don't care about lights), I only tested the secondary stand lights which works fine.

I used the steamer on the capes, they were originally very wrinkled, and will use it again one more time, but had to move fast to take the outdoor pics because raining was starting. A great figure, glad I decided to buy it, now hopefully Hot Toys will finally release their 1:4 Stormtrooper too.

Hot-Toys-Darth-Vader-Quarter-Scale-Figure-20.jpg

Hot-Toys-Darth-Vader-Quarter-Scale-Figure-24.jpg

Hot-Toys-Darth-Vader-Quarter-Scale-Figure-26.jpg

Looks even better in natural daylight...Nice shots jkno:clap

Thanks Matrix. Since these photos were taken I used the steamer once again on the capes, then futzed the capes, chain and belt a bit more, and added the lightsaber on the belt hook.

Still need to decide what to do with the tall stand. I find it such a wasted opportunity by HT if you want to have a shorter stand...

Hot Toys 1:4 Darth Vader figure, an exceptional piece, quite accurate and really big. Very impressive in person, I like the beautiful details on the suit and helmet. The Anakin/Sebastian Shaw sculpt is amazing, but I will not use it. I chose this simple museum pose for the final display, also didn't take the cell batteries out of their small tray (don't care about lights), I only tested the secondary stand lights which works fine.

I used the steamer on the capes, they were originally very wrinkled, and will use it again one more time, but had to move fast to take the outdoor pics because raining was starting. A great figure, glad I decided to buy it, now hopefully Hot Toys will finally release their 1:4 Stormtrooper too.

Hot-Toys-Darth-Vader-Quarter-Scale-Figure-20.jpg

Hot-Toys-Darth-Vader-Quarter-Scale-Figure-24.jpg

Hot-Toys-Darth-Vader-Quarter-Scale-Figure-26.jpg

Now you got them both.. whats better.. IS or HT ?

Has anyone taken a pic of this dude next to HT 1/4 scale Fett, just wondering how the scale works?

Now you got them both.. whats better.. IS or HT ?

Like I said in another thread, the HT is more accurate than the Iron Studios Vader, but in the end Iron Studios remains my favorite Vader statue/figure in scale, it is simply so impressive than you cannot pass by it and not catch your eyes. IS is even better in my eyes than the recently acquired Attakus Vader 1, which many consider a grail on its own. Iron Studios Vader is still king in my books.

What is the next hot toys Star Wars in 1/4 that is planned? I am hoping for a return of the Jedi Luke. Would go great with this Vader.

They've teased a Kylo Ren and Stormtrooper in 1/4 scale. The one I'm hoping for in this scale is Han Solo (Bespin) or a Luke in X-Wing attire. The most likely release will be a Stormtrooper I think.

Back