HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is a bit off topic, but could you add the Rogue One 1:6 helmet to that comparison picture. I've never been able to pinpoint the exact inaccuracies

Here you go...R1 is not complete stock as i tinted the eye lens

VHC.jpg

Here you go...R1 is not complete stock as i tinted the eye lens

View attachment 473621

thanks. I can see inaccuracies in R1 (same as ANH sculpt)but but they don't specifically jump out. The mask seems a bit small for the dome, the eye shape a bit off but less than ESB 1:6., the neck is too thin and dome flare is not right. The Quater scale has different problem (apart from the small nose area, what's with the huge lower mouth grill , I know it should be bigger than ANH but it should be more like the IS)

I'm not sure I would trade my R1 for another figure that has inaccuracies. I'll wait for the next sculpt. I have a feeling Disney might be the ones to issue a perfect one eventually

oh why not add the ESB 1:6 to that set, so we can confirm it's the worst one :lol

At last, mine arrived.
I did QC checks. Tusks are in place, all the lights are working, belt box on-off levels are not broken.
But, I have encountered some issues which I want to know if they are worth bothering.
1-On-off level on left belt box does not go to the end. Its on position is right at the end where it should be. But when I want to turn it off, it doesn't go further than midpoint. Does this position turn it off? Yes. So, it functions properly, but behaves faulty.
2-This is related to me, not the figure. I removed the chest box cover but I can't push it back to the end. One of the pegs does not go to the end how much I push. When it enters, another one pulls out as the underplate is curved, but it's not. Did it happen to you?
3-This is very minor I think. The HS stand's base came out a little bit loosened. I didn't put it apart to see what's the problem. Instead, I applied pressure to connect them. It is fine now. Is this a big fault?
4-About the joints. This is my first figure with ratcheted joints, so don't have experience with them. Most of the joints behave the same (they move with little force, but you feel the racheting, not making any hard sound) which I consider as normal. Now, right shoulder forward movement makes very clunky noises and stiff. I'm worried of breaking it. Will it be loosened by the time? And outward movement on the left shoulder is very soft. Compared to right one, it skips 1st ratchet and settles on 2nd. When closing however, it can settle on 1st ratchet. Are these joint issues important to contact SSC?

I can answer #3 for you. Each base part is loose and wobbly. If the use just the lower base, the pole is loose and you'll need to wrap tape are the bottom of the pole before inserting it. If you use the upper base in conjunction with the lower base, it just wobbles and I'm not sure if there really is a fix for that. Right now I'm using both bases and Vader stands there without any issues. If you start to futz with him in anyway while he is on the base, it will wobbly a little and just make sure you have a hold of him so he doesn't fall over.

I know that. But what I meant wasn't it. You know the head display base. The part head/helmet sits is wobbly, right. But it's not the part I mention. These bases are made of two pieces which are joined by little extensions. That part was loosened. Maybe they should have been glued, not sure.

I know that. But what I meant wasn't it. You know the head display base. The part head/helmet sits is wobbly, right. But it's not the part I mention. These bases are made of two pieces which are joined by little extensions. That part was loosened. Maybe they should have been glued, not sure.

Sorry, I miss understood then. I didn't get the exclusive version so I have no clue on the helmet stand but I'm sure it was just as poorly made as the big stands were. Great idea, just poorly executed.

Does anyone know of a good display case for this beast? I have bought at the legends studio quarter inch master lighthouse, but it is very tight. A bit too tight for my taste

Here is my first picture to add to the thread. I got mine for Christmas (at least part of it) so I just opened him yesterday and had to clear some space in my detolfs.

My initial thought is that this piece has a lot of presence and is different than any other Vader I have (which includes the Hot Toys Vaders except the Rogue One version, the Iron Studios 1/4 statue, and the 2nd SS 1/6 figure). This really is a stunning piece to add to the collection. I still need to try a few poses to see where to settle him, but this is my first attempt.
b80277723ed9ca98343ca208059e01aa.jpg
47e77ed8f5e0948b0d96dd242855179c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is my first picture to add to the thread. I got mine for Christmas (at least part of it) so I just opened him yesterday and had to clear some space in my detolfs.
This really is a stunning piece to add to the collection. I still need to try a few poses to see where to settle him, but this is my first attempt.
b80277723ed9ca98343ca208059e01aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice set up.

I got mine over 2 weeks ago. I still have not fully opened him up. I only did a quick check to make sure his tusks were ok, but still need to check other QC areas like the stands and belt boxes. My problem is I have nowhere to put him, unless I put some other stuff away. And I know if I take him out to give him a good going over, I'll never be able to pack him back up the same (his face/helmet to protect the tusks). And I won't want to put him away....

The problems of being a collector and buying stuff I have no room for... :(

Back