1/6 Hot Toys - PS4 Spider-Man: Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I was going to be really excited for this one like Scarlet Spider but I think for now its a pass.

Unpopular opinion, but im not a big fan of the way the figure turned out. I really like the look of the suit in the game, but the rubber red of this figure looks really faded compared to the plastic/diecast pieces.

Agreed. I’m not sure why they didn’t keep this design for the movie.
It had to do with the colors.

If Spidey was red and gold, then he'd just look like another Iron Man. They deliberately brought the blue so as to distinguish his armor from Tony's. A lot of the audience doesn't have familiarity with the comic origins, so having distinct appearances is important.

It had to do with the colors.

If Spidey was red and gold, then he'd just look like another Iron Man. They deliberately brought the blue so as to distinguish his armor from Tony's. A lot of the audience doesn't have familiarity with the comic origins, so having distinct appearances is important.

Yeah, not to mention these are filmmakers. They can always use comic suits for inspiration but I doubt they want to rip straight from them. They have and want to use artistic freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given how things played out, I think looking like IM would have made narrative sense.

I disagree. Remember Tony made the suit for Peter and showed it to him at the end of Homecoming when he asked him to join The Avengers. He probably maintained Spidey's original colors so Peter would identify with it. If he showed him this version, I think Peter's natural reaction would be "This is creepy - Tony wants me to dress like him now." :lol

I disagree. Remember Tony made the suit for Peter and showed it to him at the end of Homecoming when he asked him to join The Avengers. He probably maintained Spidey's original colors so Peter would identify with it. If he showed him this version, I think Peter's natural reaction would be "This is creepy - Tony wants me to dress like him now." :lol

Lol well Tony always was a narcissist, so it’d make sense

Given how things played out, I think looking like IM would have made narrative sense.

But visually on film it is hard to distinguish, that’s why designs change in the 11th hour and new versions of things in a narrative tend to have a loud and obvious difference as part of the design.

In IM3 finale the nightclub armor was changed to a red and gold instead of its original black that all the design assets showed, which looks objectively worse. But due to the staging of the scene the previous suit was also dark in color, they changed it to set it apart and lessen visual confusion in a fast moving sequence.

I’m sure this is why the Endgame final War Machine was made blue and red, to make it clearer that this is different than the armor Rhodey crawled out of a few minutes prior (and yes haha that armor was barely in the film, but they have said that final battle was a lot longer on paper, I imagine a lot of action was cut for time, cost, production schedule).

wl6ki8.jpg

Back