1/6 Hot Toys - PS4 Spider-Man: Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not buying this, but I find it really, really telling that Hot Toys knows the Iron Spider has 3 legs in the comics and is going with that. People are buying these because they’re comic suits, not because they were skins in Spider-Man PS4 (besides the Advanced and Velocity suit). The game, in regards to Hot Toys, is their ticket to finally turning them into sixth scale figures, as they don’t make MMS/VGMS figs from comics, obviously. So I find it great that they’re obliging by the comics but using the game as the license to make them in the first place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m not buying this, but I find it really, really telling that Hot Toys knows the Iron Spider has 3 legs in the comics and is going with that. People are buying these because they’re comic suits, not because they were skins in Spider-Man PS4 (besides the Advanced and Velocity suit). The game, in regards to Hot Toys, is their ticket to finally turning them into sixth scale figures, as they don’t make MMS/VGMS figs from comics, obviously. So I find it great that they’re obliging by the comics but using the game as the license to make them in the first place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agreed!

I also personally prefer the 3 legs to the 4 legged version

That was the first thing I noticed too. I gotta give hot toys kudos for that detail because it wasn't shown to have 3 gold colored legs in the game. So I wasn't expecting that... But I did expect them to reuse at least most of the design for the legs themselves.

The only time it had legs is if you used the ability from the movie iron spider skin and even then they were still colored like the movie suit. I honestly have no interest in the suits exclusive to the game (except maybe the negative suit), so at least I can agree that I'm buying them because they resemble the suits from the comics.

I definitely respect the nod to comic accuracy, even if I hate the three legs--they never made any damn sense. Spider-Man, the seven legged spider.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

That was the first thing I noticed too. I gotta give hot toys kudos for that detail because it wasn't shown to have 3 gold colored legs in the game. So I wasn't expecting that... But I did expect them to reuse at least most of the design for the legs themselves.

The only time it had legs is if you used the ability from the movie iron spider skin and even then they were still colored like the movie suit. I honestly have no interest in the suits exclusive to the game (except maybe the negative suit), so at least I can agree that I'm buying them because they resemble the suits from the comics.

Oh c'mon guys! You're giving HT too much credit here! The REAL reason they're giving it 3 legs is because we all know how much HT loves to cheap out...case and point their styrofoam light-stand for BP!

The only reason they're giving it 3 legs is cause they wanna cut back on costs. 3 is less than 4. Money saved!!! :rotfl

Oh c'mon guys! You're giving HT too much credit here! The REAL reason they're giving it 3 legs is because we all know how much HT loves to cheap out...case and point their styrofoam light-stand for BP!

The only reason they're giving it 3 legs is cause they wanna cut back on costs. 3 is less than 4. Money saved!!! :rotfl

Do we have a good view of the back of the figure at the show? I'd die laughing if he's got 3 legs because someone forgot to plug in the 4th one.

Do we have a good view of the back of the figure at the show? I'd die laughing if he's got 3 legs because someone forgot to plug in the 4th one.

The suit is supposed to only come with 3. It didn’t even have 4 in the game, that was just from the Avengers Iron Spider attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well they did it, they made my favorite suit form this game, can't wait for it to go up for pre-order. I did an entire play through with this suit, it really is an amazing suit.

465EBC52-F841-4D7D-A482-AE9561F0A389.jpg

2B6B91DD-A7B4-4CD8-873A-96343650EC40.jpg

A couple of pics from SDCC.

I don't collect Marvel but this will break that - I cannot wait to get this into my collection.

The fact that they gave this suit 3 legs gives me hope they will add the webs to the back of Spidey 2099. That was the one detail about that suit that was missing from 2099 and it just never looked right without it.

I feel like this could go either way, as I could definitely see them never releasing it at all.

Definitely releasing, the PS4 line is already concrete for Hot Toys. I don’t think this is comparable to something like Yon-Rogg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back