Hot Toys Princess Leia (Bespin Gown)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's more South Dakotas fault

"The Supreme Court case resulted from a decision by South Dakota to change its law to require all e-commerce sites to collect the sales tax, regardless of whether they have a physical presence. The law did carve out an exemption for small merchants – those with fewer than 200 customers in the state annually or sales below $100,000. South Dakota was a good state to bring the case since it does not have an income tax and is reliant on its sales tax for revenues".

They must’ve been bored..what’s there to do in South Dakota anyway :pfft:

Yeah I think it'll definitely make me reconsider some of the more spur of the moment purchases I make during the year (of which there are a ton), and confine myself a bit more to the preorders.

They must’ve been bored..what’s there to do in South Dakota anyway :pfft:
:lol South Dakota isn’t very exciting trust me. It’s where I’m from and I agree it sucks about the new sales tax law going into effect. Sucks that it’s impacting everyone but honestly I think it was a matter of time. I think Amazon is ultimately to blame. They’re what kinda sparked things around here when the state realized how much they lose by not collecting from Amazon orders.

Yeah I think it'll definitely make me reconsider some of the more spur of the moment purchases I make during the year (of which there are a ton), and confine myself a bit more to the preorders.
I do less of this than when I first started collecting. I pretty much only pre-order stuff and don’t scour eBay like I used to. Unless there’s something I really want and I can find it for a good deal.

:lol South Dakota isn’t very exciting trust me. It’s where I’m from and I agree it sucks about the new sales tax law going into effect. Sucks that it’s impacting everyone but honestly I think it was a matter of time. I think Amazon is ultimately to blame. They’re what kinda sparked things around here when the state realized how much they lose by not collecting from Amazon orders.

I do less of this than when I first started collecting. I pretty much only pre-order stuff and don’t scour eBay like I used to. Unless there’s something I really want and I can find it for a good deal.

You aren’t kidding , they don’t even have a decent College football team to cheer for :lecture

I feel for ya buddy :thud:

Off topic- sorry. Anyone know if alter ego double boxes? May order her from them.

Sales tax but I’ve been ordering from SS since 07 and live in CA. Shouldn’t deter from ordering paying an extra 10%. But then again I always go exclusive and flex pay helps me a lot.

Couldn't resist ordering this one. It wasn't used much in the film but I think it captured an elegance to Carrie Fisher that I've always appreciated.

I guess they won’t be releasing the other Bespin Leia for a while now. Would be hard for HT to justify it I guess?

It's interesting because the Australian Government felt the same way so passed a similar law that would require etailers to collect sales tax. Amazon responded by cutting Australia off from all it's international stores.

:clap:clap

So glad this made it to production, another to look forward to with Dooku & Obi Wan. :hi5:

I really don’t remember much of the outfit, it must have only been a few minutes of screen time (more than the snowtroopers at least). I’ll definitely look out for a loose head sculpt to convert hoth to bespin escape.

good price! Glad to see they didn't charge a large amount for this. SS probably would be asking for $325.

Now put up Cody for pre-order.

I wish Sideshow would update their list of coupon eligible figures. I got my email about continuing my Star Wars journey with a $25 off offer for pre-ordering this but it’s always the same stuff.

^^^ Yep, just remove the white vest/jacket and switch head sculpts I think?

Hoth leia has also has a com unit on her left arm that would need to be removed, add white boots, and an e11.

I still prefer her Hoth look, but the head on that figure is unfortunately a bit off, so if the final Bespin sculpt turns out better I might convert that one into a Bespin escape after all.

I still prefer her Hoth outfit, but the head on that figure is unfortunately a bit off, so if the final Bespin sculpt turns out better I might convert that one into a Bespin escape after all.

You're going to need to get a set of Princess boots too then.

I see ebay Princess boots prices rising quickly.

Back