Hot Toys Princess Leia (Bespin Gown)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For certain states, yes starting September 30th. Even my pre-orders will be charged sales tax when they get shipped according to the email i received. The email stated that they anticipate that most states will have a sales tax law in place by the end of the year. My state, Washington, apparently already has one. So, the big question for me is: will all of our online retailers for 1/6 scale figures fall under this new set of tax laws? I asked sideshow yesterday in a chat and they did not have an answer for me.

Boooo!! So what’s the sales tax in Washington? Even more reason to stop collecting

What a nice surprise to see this is the same price the ANH Leia was a few years ago (especially given Hoth Leia was $220.) It's possible it's just a mod of the existing Hoth sculpt so they kept the price lower - it seems like the Bespin outfit probbably has as much work as the Hoth one.

If this was Sideshow, the new Leia would be $20-30 more.

^Good. Its not gonna go below $200 again, and next year prepare to see even a bigger hike with the new tariffs. I'll take the slightly lower price on this happily, unless everyone wants to stage a mass boycott :lol

I didn't get that in CA.

Here's the content of the email from BBTS:

This June the Supreme Court ruled that states can charge sales tax on internet purchases. Many states already have laws in effect or laws that will be going into effect very soon. We anticipate most states will have sales tax laws in place by the end of the year. States write their own tax laws so each state can be different, but we expect the majority of internet retailers will have to collect sales tax in most states. We are required to abide by these laws.

After September 30th, we will begin charging sales tax in the following states:

Alabama
Illinois
Indiana
Kentucky
Maine
Michigan
New Jersey
North Dakota
Washington
All shipments going to these states will be subject to sales tax. You are receiving this notice because you currently have open pre-orders and/or items in your Pile of Loot that will be affected based on the Preferred Address in your account. You will be charged tax on: pre-orders that arrive and are processed, any items in your Pile of Loot that are released for shipment, and all new orders.

So you're good for now, I suppose that's why you didn't receive it. Though they're saying it'll probably set for every state by end of the year.

As for the figure, she's beautiful. Hope the face doesn't end up with the 1000 yard stare like the Hoth one did (though I love it otherwise).

I didn't get that in CA.

The list only included 9 states so far. I believe by the end of year all 50 will be included.
D5A903AC-BC2F-46DA-B8F2-B73DBBBE6077.jpeg

^Good. Its not gonna go below $200 again, and next year prepare to see even a bigger hike with the new tariffs. I'll take the slightly lower price on this happily, unless everyone wants to stage a mass boycott :lol

Here's the content of the email from BBTS:

So you're good for now, I suppose that's why you didn't receive it. Though they're saying it'll probably set for every state by end of the year.

As for the figure, she's beautiful. Hope the face doesn't end up with the 1000 yard stare like the Hoth one did (though I love it otherwise).

Thanks Obama...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

And here I hadn't even heard of the Supreme Court until this week.:monkey3:lol

Those codgers are the ones that are gonna make 1/6 figs cost more?!:gah:

Thanks Obama...

I think it's more South Dakotas fault

"The Supreme Court case resulted from a decision by South Dakota to change its law to require all e-commerce sites to collect the sales tax, regardless of whether they have a physical presence. The law did carve out an exemption for small merchants – those with fewer than 200 customers in the state annually or sales below $100,000. South Dakota was a good state to bring the case since it does not have an income tax and is reliant on its sales tax for revenues".

I think it's more South Dakotas fault

"The Supreme Court case resulted from a decision by South Dakota to change its law to require all e-commerce sites to collect the sales tax, regardless of whether they have a physical presence. The law did carve out an exemption for small merchants – those with fewer than 200 customers in the state annually or sales below $100,000. South Dakota was a good state to bring the case since it does not have an income tax and is reliant on its sales tax for revenues".

Oh I was kidding.....but since everything is Obamas fault we should keep blaming him.
LOL

I will be limiting what I buy now in light of the taxes. It’s the point.

Back