Hot Toys Prince of Persia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having now seen the film I'd have to say that Dastan is probably the only character we'll see from the movie, unless it does PotC type business. And I'm okay with that. Actually the only other character that I think worthy of the HT treatment is the Chief Hassansin. Of course I'd buy Gemma Artherton and Ben Kingsley if they made them, but their outfits aren't that interesting.

Having now seen the film I'd have to say that Dastan is probably the only character we'll see from the movie, unless it does PotC type business. And I'm okay with that. Actually the only other character that I think worthy of the HT treatment is the Chief Hassansin. Of course I'd buy Gemma Artherton and Ben Kingsley if they made them, but their outfits aren't that interesting.

I thought Ben Kingsley was very underutilized in this film. shame shame. I agree we'll probably only see Dastan.

I could see HT trying to make a Gemma in her disguise outfit... I think that's the one they used on all the promo posters.

Saw the movie last night. It was decent, but not good enough to spend high end collectible cash on...

Gemma was smoking hot though!

I would guess a disguised version would be next. The scenes with his hood on. Ide go for that. What do u guys think?!?

I would guess a disguised version would be next. The scenes with his hood on. Ide go for that. What do u guys think?!?

I kind of hope they give us the pieces to make both with the first figure. It's just a shirt and cloak really, the pants are the same.

I'd be surprised if we got more than dastan, but the hassansins and the mmbaca knife thrower would be cool. They were all under-utilized in the film, but I love their look.

Just back from seeing the movie and I really liked it. It was just a fun old yarn. But then I am a sucker for this sort of stuff.

Figure looks great so far. Hope we get a full bunch pics soon!

I too have just returned from seeing this. I thought it was good. Very classic adventure film, though I don't think it'll hold up as well as the real classics of the genre.

Like some have mentioned earlier in the thread, Dastan wears two distinctly different outfits throughout the film. The first outfit is the one you see in posters and billboards for the film with the chest armor, but the second one is used for the majority of the film (though it goes through some changes).

I'd rather have the latter outfit. Actually, If I were wishing for things, I'd would like HT to include the extra parts to display the figure any way we want (as Dave mentioned).

the second outfit:
Prince-of-Persia-Dastan-Takes-Charge-10-3-10-kc.jpg

Seems the movie (box-office wise) is a dud with only taking the #3 spot.

Think we'll see more than just the one figure?

Always a good question with HT. The Spirit crashed and burned yet HT produced three figures from the movie.

the movie is a major dud: bad reviews, 3rd place to the 2nd week of Shrek #4 and Sex and the City #2. Pretty embarassing. Hot Toys will probably only make one and Sideshow is now stuck with a very pricey PF based on a dud. Good reason to not make stuff before a movie has proved itself. By the time the HT and SS stuff comes out, this movie will be long forgotten.

From the trailers this movie looked absolutely retarded, but I dunno what it's based on really, all the swirling sand and CGI crap falling apart just didn't interest me, and when I was at the theatre Saturday night I overheard some young kids coming out of a screening who thought it was pretty stupid, which isn't a good sign since it should appeal to younger audiences.

Not that I care about this license or anything but it doesn't bode well for other video game films.

Seriously how hard can it be to make a winner out of a game like Halo, Half Life, Bioshock, etc. These things make way more money then films, it seems like the next logical step is adapting them properly. Film studios really don't get it.

Always a good question with HT. The Spirit crashed and burned yet HT produced three figures from the movie.

Yep, its always good to remember that when it comes to HT you really never can tell. The Spirit is probably the oddest example... but if I were a betting man I'd say Destan will be the only figure.

The Spirit is a bad movie.
Prince of Persia if anything is merely an ok movie.
Though I really enjoyed it.

Aside from the princess, I cannot think of what other figures they could do anyways.

I haven't seen the movie yet however, I will. It isn't received very well by many but neither was XMO: Wolverine and I enjoyed that movie very much.

In regards to the HT figure, I always give them a look. A connection to the movie character isn't always an indicator whether I buy or not. Hopefully I will see the movie and figure specs soon.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but maybe Hot Toys shouldn't be grabbing all these licenses. They are making way too many one-off characters. :dunno

I dunno about anyone else here, but what I'm most eager to see about this figure is the Donnie Darko potential in the sculpt :pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back