Hot Toys - Prey: Feral Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to sound like I'm bitching...but I will anyways lol

Why are we going backwards Hot Toys? I'm fine with elbows and knee joints but a whole body split in 2023? That's some cleaner kit stuff. Also going from full rubber to sculpted dreads is just....well disappointing. Almost like an oversized NECA figure at this point.
View attachment 652092

But in the end, it's better than nothing
This pictured is not the Hot Toys figure.

This pictured is not the Hot Toys figure.
Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

I'm willing to wait longer for a Jungle Predator 2.0 that doesn't have these ugly exposed joints. It is past time to upgrade the body technology on the Pred figures.

The figure just looks awkward in that last posted pic, especially around the knees.
We need InArt to pick the Predator / Alien line up which might not happen for years if not ever 🙃

Feral Predator on display at ACGHK. Looks great! Funny seeing a new Predator from Hot Toys. Didn't think we ever would.

MqK8QUD.png
DaAj1IX.png

At a low enough resolution, everything 'just looks like a NECA figure'. ;) How about some high quality imagery.

View attachment 652189
View attachment 652188

Some convention photos from Hot Toys' official account:

View attachment 652579

View attachment 652580

There it is!!! :panic::panic::panic::thud::thud::thud:

Looks good so far!! I like that diorama base too!! I’d like to see it unmasked, surely at least when/if the promo pics go up.

Was really hoping for a seamless torso like Venom and Carnage for any future Hot Toys Predator figures 🫤

I was expecting them to tackle it similarly to Carnage and Venom, but I‘m set on getting Feral Pred so I ultimately don’t mind whichever way they go about it. Perhaps, maybe, like the movie Spider-Man 2099 they’ll revise the body if there’s enough feedback. Though I do prefer it being jointed (just out of sheer preference), so I’m happy with how it is.

He looks cool but there's room for improvement (joints and hair), it's a damn shame that there's no Naru tho, having the two duking it out would look amazing.

Yup, a Naru would be wonderful to go along with Feral Pred - seeing both of them together would be a dream.

Where's the bear blood stealth variant?

A battle worn and bloodied version would be great too!!

Maybe that’s the Naru 2-pack? Isn’t that what they said in the sideshow con announcement last week?

Hold up :panic::panic:

As cool as this is we need another company picking up the predator and alien line. I don’t want anymore pleather on any of my figures and I’m sick of these big companies not using the latest technology in 1/6 scale figures like some other newer companies and customisers

My dream would be someone like threezero or Damtoys, but both companies have their weaknesses.

It's nuts that no one has made the marines with today's techniques. Good news is though that this and NECA's figure are the first signs of merchandise being released under the Disney ownership.

My dream would be someone like threezero or Damtoys, but both companies have their weaknesses.

It's nuts that no one has made the marines with today's techniques. Good news is though that this and NECA's figure are the first signs of merchandise being released under the Disney ownership.
My dream is for InArt to pick up the license. I love the attention to detail those guys are doing

That hair looks so... fake. Same in the film, the strands just look like power cords or rubber strips bought from a hardware store with absolutely nothing done to make them look more organic.

Social media was full of people praising the practical suit, but I wonder if they know how good these things looked in the '80s and '90s.

Back