Hot Toys Predators to be Released???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats dead right master not only is it a financial thing but those that could get the AVP preds have spent all their money to obtain them. Now it makes it even worse as the scalpers are pushing it up even higher and higher. I looked a coupe of hours ago and now the mofo's are wanting 1K for a figure thats not even out yet! But if they pay that then more fool them...

I know! I saw the one you're talking about. $999.00. Highest price I've seen so far for the Guardian on eBay those sons of _____es aren't even fans. Pisses me off. I'm tempted to send him a message for his inhumanity.

One would think right? Actually that's not the case. Check out my eBay listing. Things aren't going exactly the way I'd like right now finacially. Hopefully I'll make it through and be able to keep my collection. That's why I was so busted when I didn't catch a Guardian for retail...

I've looked at your collection listing a couple of times! Had no idea that was you. I know that you want to sell it all in one lot, but you'll definitely have better luck breaking into smaller, similar line lots. (and save the Hot Toys for last in case you don't have to sell them)

True. And I know that. But like I said in my listing I'd rather have all of my collection, or none of it. The HT would sell the best. I'd have a tougher time selling the rest right now. I'm hoping the listing will attract someone who has enough money to buy my collection instead of tracking each figure down individually. Which for me proved to be quite costly. My asking price for the HT alone is below what I paid for them even if they are used and open they're still mint. I'm hoping people will look at the rest of the figures (kenners, mcfarlanes, necas, etc.) as a sort of bonus. It's really a great value for the price and everything included.

I know! I saw the one you're talking about. $999.00. Highest price I've seen so far for the Guardian on eBay those sons of _____es aren't even fans. Pisses me off. I'm tempted to send him a message for his inhumanity.

I guess that is pretty much what sums up my anger about it all. Greedy people who arent fans manage to get one and then do exactly like these scalpers do. Ah well i hope they never sell it and have to pay all of those ebay fees for listings of not selling their figure for months on end... they deserve it.

On the other subject of this thread i cant wait to see/ purchase all of the preds that HT come out with from Predators. From the teaser they look good! Master you should sell what you need to but keep your HT as these last years have shown us since their releases that they will be hard to get and very expensive in the future if you ever want them again.

Agreed. I hope I make it through and don't end up selling. At the same time if the right offer comes through consider my collection sold!

It would do me no good (financially) to sell everything, but the Hot Toys. As the Hot Toys are worth the most. The rest I'd really like people/the buyer to look at as a bonus and a great value.

On a brighter note and back to the thread, the new HT PREDATORS looking F-ing fantastic! The rubber bodies look great! Mr. Black is going to be awesome! I hope Hot Toys gets high paint-up right and his biohelmet. They'll have a better chance at the likeness because they'll be working from post-production of the movie.

Just imagine all of them. Mr. Black, Flusher, Falconer, Classic. I hope they make the humans too! All of them!!!!!

The Predators figs look really good. This makes me happier seeing as I didn't get a guardian predator and these look even better.

I know, but I'm going to get attacked for being so calm about it because I got one. No, I would've been mad for a day, then I would have calmed down and looked at it like this, I don't need it.
these new Predators are amazing! I want them soo bad. I sure hope the dreads are colred nicely.

Way better than a repaint.

Yep and we just saw photos of the prototype so it will probably get even better. I'm beyond optimistic for these. The body looks in perfect proportion. Not too bulky (AVP) and not too skinny (Wolf).

hottoyspredators.jpg

I disagree with the opinion that these are rubber bodies, I can clearly see joints at the elbow and shoulder. I think these are more like the T-800 body, rubber upper torsos with hard plastic upper and lower arms.

And they look great! I'm a bit worried that these will look out of place with the Pred 1&2 and AVP 1&2 HT figures though.

Thats what I thought too, but I thought T-800 was all rubber...haven't been him very much. I mean I thought the arms were covered in rubber even though joints were visible. DOn't ask the logic behind that...:slap

I disagree with the opinion that these are rubber bodies, I can clearly see joints at the elbow and shoulder. I think these are more like the T-800 body, rubber upper torsos with hard plastic upper and lower arms.

And they look great! I'm a bit worried that these will look out of place with the Pred 1&2 and AVP 1&2 HT figures though.

A more accurate description would be full rubber torso sleeves... Which have been used for the female TT. With the split at the pelvic area this appears to be similarly implemented on the new bodies.. Arms and legs are like what's been implemented on Perseus..... being PVC outer layer instead of ABS plastic shell.

It may very well be an enlarged wolverine body type where the upper rubber torso covers/obscure the lower PVC abdomen. With the neck being the only articulated joint that truly stress the rubber "upper torso".

Last edited:
A more accurate description would be full rubber torso sleeves... Which have been used for the female TT. With the split at the pelvic area this appears to be similarly implemented on the new bodies.. Arms and legs are like what's been implemented on Perseus..... being PVC outer layer instead of ABS plastic shell.

It may very well be an enlarged wolverine body type where the upper rubber torso covers/obscure the lower PVC abdomen. With the neck being the only articulated joint that truly stress the rubber "upper torso".

:lecture:lecture:lecture I think ScreamingMetal misunderstood what was being referred to by the "rubber body" comment.

Back