Hot Toys Predators to be Released???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A more accurate description would be full rubber torso sleeves... Which have been used for the female TT. With the split at the pelvic area this appears to be similarly implemented on the new bodies.. Arms and legs are like what's been implemented on Perseus..... being PVC outer layer instead of ABS plastic shell.

It may very well be an enlarged wolverine body type where the upper rubber torso covers/obscure the lower PVC abdomen. With the neck being the only articulated joint that truly stress the rubber "upper torso".
You're right, the T-800 has separate waist articulation. I agree, it'll be similar to the HT females with the rubber upper torso covering an internal armature.

Now the question is if HT releases the classic Predator from the new movie, will it have the same superior bodies we are seeing here or be a rerelease of the original Pred 1 figure?

And if it's the newer body type, which would be the one to have?

Now the question is if HT releases the classic Predator from the new movie, will it have the same superior bodies we are seeing here or be a rerelease of the original Pred 1 figure?

And if it's the newer body type, which would be the one to have?

It may look the same as the p1 and it may possibly be the a better figure in terms of the finish, but it will not be the original predator from the first film, it would be a fake ..and if they do make one and people who missed there chance on the original p1 picked this guy up to make up for it will always be burdened by that thought i'd imagine.

I'm confused, so do you guys think it is the PVC Arms with a rubber body like T-800?

Just think of it like this:
hottoysbody.jpg

I like the body but the arms are kind of barbie like. Please don't take that the wrong way, so there are probably going to be rubber sleeves over them then?

It may look the same as the p1 and it may possibly be the a better figure in terms of the finish, but it will not be the original predator from the first film, it would be a fake ..and if they do make one and people who missed there chance on the original p1 picked this guy up to make up for it will always be burdened by that thought i'd imagine.

I think the only thing that matters is how the figure looks on the shelf. And if this new "Classic" Predator looks better then the real Classic Predator then it won't make much a difference which is from what movie. The superior looking figure is the one I would most want if I was only to buy just one.

Of coarse I'll most likely buy him to have a complete collection of Predators regardless.

I wonder if these new Preds will have the new transparent plastic heads HT has been using on their more recent Human figures?

I don't think there will be rubber sleeves. The joints will be there at the elbows. I think the swivel will be built in as well as the up and down movement into that one joint like T-800, however.

Agreed. The new preds most likely won't have double elbow joints like that Female body I posted up there.

The elbow joints should be more like these (this is the T-800 body):
HTT800Body.jpg

I'm confused, so do you guys think it is the PVC Arms with a rubber body like T-800?

Yes.

Body refers to the whole thing, Torso refers to just the torso.

So if everyone is referring to just the torso being rubber, then I fully agree.

I hear ya. I just wish they'd get over their fetish with rubber all together. It doesn't hold up.

I don't think there will be rubber sleeves. The joints will be there at the elbows. I think the swivel will be built in as well as the up and down movement into that one joint like T-800, however.

Like the pic Maulfan posted here:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69545&highlight=nude&page=510

You can see the Wolverine-esque elbow joints in that picture from the magazine spread.

I wish HT wasn't so averse to double-jointed elbows. I can understand not wanting to use double joints on certain human figures, but it'd be tough to notice the difference on Predator characters.

I wish HT wasn't so averse to double-jointed elbows. I can understand not wanting to use double joints on certain human figures, but it'd be tough to notice the difference on Predator characters.

I wish the human figures had it as well. I think the new TTs look fine and they have the double joints. Some people prefer it because they say "we don't have two joints" but we also have a bicep that contracts as we contract our arms and that's exactly what the double joint provides without the contraction.

I hear ya. I just wish they'd get over their fetish with rubber all together. It doesn't hold up.
:lecture
I've been saying this all along, ever since the first Alien release in AVP.
It's why I only bought the one Alien and skipped on the Rubber Astronauts from Alien entirely.

:lecture
I've been saying this all along, ever since the first Alien release in AVP.
It's why I only bought the one Alien and skipped on the Rubber Astronauts from Alien entirely.

Yup, been saying it since Rambo. Just offloaded my First Blood Part II Rambo because of the rising issues (and considering doing the same with Part I and Part III. These things are supposed to be fun and enjoyable and when I find myself worrying too much about the figure (handle with kid gloves, never bend it past the shoulders, take care when posing the elbows so the flange doesn't snap with wear, always keep it clean and dust free, be mindful of what comes into contact with the "skin" because it can absorb dye and stain, make sure the temperature remains consistently moderate, etc.) it saps the fun right out of the piece.

Please let there be another P1 with new body. The one we have is great but I can't help to think how awesome it would be for P1 to have T-800-like body.

Hot Toys facebook page is saying look for an update 'soon' when d'ya think they'll reveal ? SDCC ?

Tys

I cant wait for these, I am really late to the party in terms of getting a predator figure. Unfortunately they are all super expensive and I missed out n the SDCC one. Itll be nice to get some in my collection!

I guess eBay is going to be the only place to get the Comic con Stealth Bezerker Predator version without attending the con?

Anyone know anything different?

Back