Hot Toys Predators to be Released???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cm87

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Does anyone in here have the slightest idea when the predators from the Predators movie will be released? Or at least the stock images? :impatient:

I would imagine Mr. Black would be the first they'd do since he'll be the big bad of the flik. That's a lot of body detail though. I wonder how they'd do on that for a Pred figure.

Does anyone in here have the slightest idea when the predators from the Predators movie will be released? Or at least the stock images? :impatient:

Why do you think any of us here would have any inside information? We're all just fans just like you????

My guess judging by the release of other HT figs is that the figs will come about Q4 2010. Take into consideration the Iron Man 2 figs havent even come out yet.

I'm thinking we might get rubber bodies on these. Probably same detail on 3 just different paint apps and armor.

Why do you think any of us here would have any inside information? We're all just fans just like you????

Man people ask questions like this all the time,i doubt he expected anyone to have a definite answer im sure he just wanted to hear other peoples thoughts on the matter.

It pains me 2 say this but the longer the wait the beeter 4 these figs ..i need to save up:thud:

No, not really. I just think where there is so much of the body showing they will go the leonidas route with them. But then again the other preds had alot showing so who knows.

No, not really. I just think where there is so much of the body showing they will go the leonidas route with them. But then again the other preds had alot showing so who knows.

But the reason why they show much of their body is cos there's no netting.

My guess judging by the release of other HT figs is that the figs will come about Q4 2010. Take into consideration the Iron Man 2 figs havent even come out yet.

(a-hem) Just curious to see if anyone did. I'm hardly online so sometimes I need an update on things.

Why would they do rubber bodies? The P1 is probably the best example of what we'll get.

Rubber bodies could make sense given that the new Predators lack the traditional body mesh and have far less armour; with more skin on show, jointing will be far more obvious. OTOH they're supposed to have rougher textures than their predecessors, so I think the texture and inhuman colours will do the job just fine - so hopefully none of those problematic rubber skins!

im thinking the first figure released would be a battle damaged "classic" predator. they've already got the mould, just need to the get a little rough with the bio. They know it'll sell like hotcakes, and save them time and money at the same time. they gotta get a figure out as close to the release of the movie as they can in all good business practise.

like this :D
photo_36_hires.jpg

Last edited:
I think a battle-damaged P1 is pretty much a given. A lot of people were surprised that it was never issued to start with, and the "Guardian" predator screams of being a second P1 release rejigged as a P2 convention exclusive. Otherwise why wait a year from sculpting to release?

Here's another thing:: SFX magazine 197 has a good close-up of the Classic Predator's bio.

sfx_p1.jpg

This shows the Classic pred with mesh on its eye lenses, rather than the flat black of the original's... and the same as Hot Toys' P1. I wonder how long this idea has been in the works for?

This shows the Classic pred with mesh on its eye lenses, rather than the flat black of the original's... and the same as Hot Toys' P1. I wonder how long this idea has been in the works for?

i like the original :(
but wasn't the original more of a mirror? the HCG bust certainly suggests so and that was supposed to be scanned from the last screen used bio?

Apologies for posting the same pic!!!
Anyway - my point exactly. The original P1 had glossy black eyepieces, and the mesh on Hot Toys' figure is accurate to the Predators resurrection instead. In a sense, HT have made a Predators figure and remarketed it as P1!

Rubber bodies could make sense given that the new Predators lack the traditional body mesh and have far less armour; with more skin on show, jointing will be far more obvious. OTOH they're supposed to have rougher textures than their predecessors, so I think the texture and inhuman colours will do the job just fine - so hopefully none of those problematic rubber skins!

I really hope they don't go that route. Rubber bodies blow donkeys. They rot, are dust magnets, completely inhibit poseability and there's really nothing wrong with the bodies as they stand now. :huh

Back