Hot Toys Predators Royce MMS131 (with full specs and pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predators Royce Collectible Figure

I don't think getting the licence means they can do anything that comes to their mind and slap an official Predators stamp on it. Falconer wasn't unmasked in the film, so I'd guess Hot Toys doesn't automatically get any rights to make decisions about his appearance.

They did with the other Preds in AVP so why should this be different ?

They did with the other Preds in AVP so why should this be different ?

There is no reason to believe that the terms for the license back then is the same as now.

Come on guys, let's be realistic. HT ain't a lazy company that screw us over. If they could have done it, they would. If there are any companies that actually listen to customers, HT is one of them.

As for the Falcon, who knows maybe it will come with the Tracker :nana:

There is no reason to believe that the terms for the license back then is the same as now.

Come on guys, let's be realistic. HT ain't a lazy company that screw us over. If they could have done it, they would. If there are any companies that actually listen to customers, HT is one of them.

As for the Falcon, who knows maybe it will come with the Tracker :nana:

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less if it came off since I would never display him with it off. Everyone always complains and moans about screen accuracy on this site but they want HT to "create" a face for him :cuckoo:

Hey HT, do we really need a "Brody" HS? I think finishing the original Pred line-up is more of a prioritiy. IMHO

I like the Brody sculpt, however I agree with your comment. But again, lets keep in mind the reason they probably haven't done the rest of the P1 team is because of licensing issues. Think about it...who here would choose to buy Billy over or before Blain/Dillon/Mac? (I'm sure there's a few but not many.) Personally Billy would have been my last choice of the P1 team. Yes, I would have bought a Hawkins figure before Billy.

Last edited:

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less if it came off since I would never display him with it off. Everyone always complains and moans about screen accuracy on this site but they want HT to "create" a face for him :cuckoo:

Good point. I for one have never complained about screen accuracy. Don't get me wrong I want it to be accurate, but if the reference just doesn't exist...hey let HT's creative department knock themselves out. IMO.

Love the figure and will be getting it, but the body is ridiculous for Brody...
That will be an instant swap.

Those poses don't do much for that facial expression, but this fig looked real nice at SDCC. So I think I will add it to the line.

Gotta agree with the other post about the P1 team but it probably is a license issure since the movie license at that time didn't include the actors likenesses.

Can you imagine what Withers, Ventura and Duke might be asking for the rights to do their image on a toy? :horror And any of those figs would certainly sell slow if they attempted to do them like they did Billy. The production number would have to be low for them not to lose their shirts on the figs...which would mean a higher cost figure.

really diggin his machine gun , bring it on hot toys :yess:

I could be way off here, but isn't his "machine gun" a shot gun? Or is it still considered a machine gun because its fully/semi automatic? (I don't know much about weapons, unfortunately.)

EDIT: From Yahoo Answers (if anyone is interested):
"It s an Aitchisson Assault Shotgun.A shotgun that thinks it s a machine gun.Originally designed in 1972 and perfected around 2007 it has practically zero recoil and will fire a wide variety of ordnance(high explosive,etc) at a rate of 350 rounds a minute.It s in use with various law enforcement and Special forces but is nt available to the wider public."

Crummiest gun in Call of Duty, yet everyone that isn't me is able to slaughter massive amounts of people with it, haha.

I feel like they droped the ball. Totally wrong body choice. Looks like him on roids. I also think the face has aspects of Brody, but not a complete likeness (to wide). This is a second rate sculpt from hot toys compared to recent works like T-800.

I would have to watch this movie 30 times over the course of my childhood and teen years to want a figure of Royce from the movie, and that isn't happening, so...

Excellent looking figure though.

I think the only human I'd buy is the Fishburn character, not because of his epic on-screen portrayal, but because the character concept was excellent. I hope they don't decide not to make him when Royce doesn't do as well as they hope he will.

Sorry but Royce looks ridiculous on that body IMO. Dastan, okay, Wolverine, of course, but Brody, even beefed up Brody from the film? No. I know someone will find pics of him looking buff but really, his neck is huge on the figure and his arms were not cut like that.

Back