Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - Official Specs and Pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - MMS?

My laptop died tonight so that's £400 to replace it tomorrow. That's two future figures down this year. Going to have to choose what I get carefully for the rest of 2011.:dunno:gah:

Its a day one for me too. And yeah, It would be awesome if there were some new Terminator figures shown. They show MORE Iron Man figs but no more Terminator figs? WTF?:dunno
Sort it out HTs.:pray::pray::pray:

I don't think there'll be anything else at SDCC but isn't there other shows going on at later dates. I hope they just decided to hold any Terminator offering back along with Keaton Batman for another show. I would get p!$$ed off about yet more dipping into Iron Man but admittedly those new pieces are ___king amazing. I'm actually considering buying the 'Suit-up' contraption and using the machinery in a Skynet factory display from T4.

I agree that it is a bit less impressive than I would have hoped, and I'm not sure exactly why. . .maybe because we've seen this figure before in a slightly different incarnation. Maybe it's because there is so much other awesome stuff around him that reduces him impact by comparison. Maybe it's because Taylor Durden and Baloo have created awesome masks that look pretty similar to this. Maybe it's because we know deep down he was from a pretty crappy movie.

But I don't think comparison with the NECA figure is actually contributing to that in my eyes. In fact, I know with 100% certainty that that's not the case :D

I agree, looks cool, but idk. There's just so many cool P1 stuff out now a days, it just doesn't have a wow effect for me. I like variety, and HT has put out some better looking figs than this recently.

Shadows head sculpt looks pretty much similar to what may be used for Classic. If you compare these two photos though it's obvious that Classics mask is sculpted into the head.

ClassicPred2.jpg

sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_18.jpg
[/quote]

Until Hot Toys puts up full preview pics for Classic Pred on facebook Im not even gonna go there...

My laptop died tonight so that's £400 to replace it tomorrow. That's two future figures down this year. Going to have to choose what I get carefully for the rest of 2011.:dunno:gah:

Yeah im working my holiday cos i just spent £550 on a new pc which was £1000 a few months back so im pretty damn happy with that at least.

Yeah im working my holiday cos i just spent £550 on a new pc which was £1000 a few months back so im pretty damn happy with that at least.

Using the gf's laptop at the mo. Hopefully the guys at PC World can copy over all my files and photos from my old laptop to the new one tomorrow. A laptop is an essential part of life these days.:D

Using the gf's laptop at the mo. Hopefully the guys at PC World can copy over all my files and photos from my old laptop to the new one tomorrow. A laptop is an essential part of life these days.:D

Yeah i'd be lost without my PC. I still have my old 1 which is fine but i needed an upgrade quite badly for gaming.

I keep looking at the mask and i think it may be removable and tbh i cant see why not unless they supply 2 heads or something.

I think the two heads is a good possibility. If the mask is indeed sculpted to the head, they did a good job because it looks well proportioned.

Yeah i really dont see any cause for him not to have a removable mask or face sculpt at all.

Yeah i really dont see any cause for him not to have a removable mask or face sculpt at all.
:goodpost::exactly:

It looks like the Bio is removeable to me. I dont understand why it wouldnt be. Hot Toys has shown repeatedly that screen accuracy motivates the detail in the predators figures. (no falcon or tracker faces in movie hence no removeable masks--not the case for classic).

that's been answered a few times. but yes, a few differences. the bio is totally different. it doesn't have any skull bandoleers or bone necklaces. the shoulder cannon is totally different. and it doesn't have the left bicep armor that connects to the wrist comp. this really isn't gonna replace the P1.

It looks like the Bio is removeable to me. I dont understand why it wouldnt be. Hot Toys has shown repeatedly that screen accuracy motivates the detail in the predators figures. (no falcon or tracker faces in movie hence no removeable masks--not the case for classic).

I'm pretty sure Hot Toys were refused creative rights on sculpting faces for Falconer and Tracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back