Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - Official Specs and Pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Predators - Classic Predator - MMS?

From Michael Crawford

sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_19.jpg

https://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2011/sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_bottom.htm
Thanks for the link and the pic. The body proportions and its paint is clearly drastically better; by comparison the original release looks like a little kid painted it. But if I were going to get this figure it would replace the original release for me, and I have a few issues. You lose the skull trophies and bone necklace with this release (because Classic didn't have them), and you're stuck with the damaged helmet. Speaking of the helmet, I'm still not convinced its even removable; judging by the second photo on page one, if it'd have to be paper-thin if it were removable. The head's also on the small side, which is more apparent from the side than from this lovely angle. It seems the laser is significantly smaller as well, which I believe is accurate to his depiction in the "Predators" film but I'm not a fan of it.

Thanks for the link and the pic. The body proportions and its paint is clearly drastically better; by comparison the original release looks like a little kid painted it. But if I were going to get this figure it would replace the original release for me, and I have a few issues. You lose the skull trophies and bone necklace with this release (because Classic didn't have them), and you're stuck with the damaged helmet. Speaking of the helmet, I'm still not convinced its even removable; judging by the second photo on page one, if it'd have to be paper-thin if it were removable. The head's also on the small side, which is more apparent from the side than from this lovely angle. It seems the laser is significantly smaller as well, which I believe is accurate to his depiction in the "Predators" film but I'm not a fan of it.
yeah i think anybody who was hoping this was gonna be a replacement for the P1 is gonna be let down. it's a cool figure by itself, but it's just not P1 and it would take some expensive reworking to make it passable. the whole masked head and shoulder cannon assembly would have to go. then you still have a couple missing trophy bandoleers and a necklace and a piece of armor to replace. that's more hassle than it's worth to me since i already have the P1 figure.

Ah sure I'll wait for the official HT redo of P1 using this body. I'll just take one Classic.

So is the right hand pointy finger meant to be used with the gantlet computer?

Then an accessory might be the Earth hologram.

I wanna see the unmasked head! I don't care if the bio isn't removable, but there better be an unmasked head to go with it!!!

what sucks about that is, i kinda doubt this new body even has the articulation to pose it using the gauntlet computer. the arms look like they have about the same range of motion as the NECA toy.

what sucks about that is, i kinda doubt this new body even has the articulation to pose it using the gauntlet computer. the arms look like they have about the same range of motion as the NECA toy.

Is this the same body used with berserker? Berserker can be posed using the gauntet.

Is this the same body used with berserker? Berserker can be posed using the gauntet.
it is not. entirely new sculpt. it's the same body as the Shadow pred.
He should turn around and gut big blue Jake behind him with his gauntlet blade then field dress him to show who's the better warrior :)
considering his sorry performance in the movie, i don't see it turning out that way. plus, navi are much bigger and tougher than preds.

considering his sorry performance in the movie, i don't see it turning out that way. plus, navi are much bigger and tougher than preds.

:lol I would place my money on a sport hunting warrior tribe over a giant blue tree-hugging Natgeo smurf any day.

I mean...

This:

Buxton_The_Blue_Cat.jpg

or this:

angry-predator_372x336.jpg

sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_19.jpg

I'm getting this for sure regardless, but honestly, from the picture so far, why does it look so..."rough" and "cheap"...maybe its the paint apps? I guess its a prototype, but all the other prototypes look way better.

Also, it looks way to tall/thin for the classic in Predators...so its neither accurate to Classic in Predators, and can't really be used as Predator in Predator

:lol I would place my money on a sport hunting warrior tribe over a giant blue tree-hugging Natgeo smurf any day.

I mean...

This:

Buxton_The_Blue_Cat.jpg

or this:

angry-predator_372x336.jpg
nah, Jake wasn't a hippie, he was a marine. and the Classic got stomped pretty quick by a predator that wasn't nearly as big or tough as a navi. i'm calling Jake on this one.

WOW! Are HTs trying to bleed me dry with all these figures?

I can't see HT redoing the actual P1 Predator so this is the only chance we'll get at scoring a P1 for those who never got a Classic Pred...looks good enough to me :D

The only sort of problem i have with this guy is the side bottom part of the mask, its way fatter n sticks out more than original P1... look at the FIRST pic.. the bottom sides seem fat!!! yet he is overall awesome.. doubt very highly that this is a removable mask guys !!! :slap:gah:

I hope that Hot Toys knows that the Classic and P1 have different shapes (aside from the obvious damage)...namely the fatter jaw
I guess b/c in Predator that was a cheat (the mask never had to fit over actual mandibles) or could just be a stylistic change - ala scar predator in AVP (also with the wide jaw)-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back