Action Figure Hot Toys Predator WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raiyuri customs

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello guy I want to share the WIP of my first Hot Toys Predator custom. Got the parts at ebay, the hands and feet for this one is still on its way.

AVP Chopper Predator head and Tracker Predator body.
chopper.jpg

The dome area of the head is badly warped.
DSC05540.jpg

Warped area repaired as seen on pic.
htch.jpg

Paint progress
DSC05566.jpg

HTPRED.jpg

ht1.jpg

Neck ring is sculpted and the skull at the center is a fodder part I found in my stash. Will add more spots and sculpt armor parts for this one.
HTHunter.jpg

Bone spikes are from McFarlane Dojo's spike on his back and placed on an armor plate that I sculpted. The skirt is a black cloth then dry brushed with shades of brown.
hthnter1.jpg

This is how he looks right now, still have to sculpt the left hip armor and also knee pads. The groin armor is sculpted also and the three skulls there are from NECA Wolf Predators necklace.
DSC05619.jpg
DSC05623.jpg

TFL!

Excellent work! I like what you've done so far and the body paint looks nice. It must have took you a long time to paint all those scales.

Awesome work so far. I would love to know what painting techniques you're using. I have my own custom I just got started on. I hope you don't mind me asking you a bunch of questions as this progresses.

This looks very interesting so far -- and well-done. Can't wait to see more pictures!

Fantastic work dude. It's coming out sick! Excellent working on using the parts and I look forward to the final result.

Thanks everyone! Will post more updates soon. :)

Awesome work so far. I would love to know what painting techniques you're using. I have my own custom I just got started on. I hope you don't mind me asking you a bunch of questions as this progresses.

Hey bro, Its hand painted so I used dry brushing techniques to achieve this look. I used 7 colors in all for the body, and dry brushed all the way. Hope this helps. :D

wow looks awesome . Just one thing , Why was the head all caved in like that , it looked like it was melted.

You made it look like a whole different figure , Congrats on the Custom man

@Mr. EcKo - I have no idea, didn't bother to ask the seller cause I'll repair it anyway. Hehe. Thanks!
@Hellion - Yeah the Chopper looked like a puppy dog than a hunter. I'm just glad what I had in mind gave him a meaner look. :)
Awesome job, I wish someone would do a step by step with pictures of the painting though.:pray:
Thanks! I'll try to do a step by step paint process on my next project, I have a P1 body on its way here so after I'm done with this one I can start with that hunter.:)
@NickNack - Thank you bro!
@jayveeeusebio - Salamat kabayan!:D
@Dizzyarse - Thanks man!

Last edited:
Back