Hot Toys Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AvP, AvP:R 1/6 + 1/4 scale announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its really hard to tell what scale it is IMO. To me it looks like its too big to be 1/6 and too small to be 1/4 lol

It does look 1:5. But it does not look anywhere near the Neca height and the figure does look like it needs majorly trimmed so im assuming a chunky AVP.

Possible that they sculpt in non standard (meaning not necessarily 1/4 or 1/6) initially? I think Neca does that right?

Maybe they will sculpt it 1:5 so they can blow it up to 1:4 and down to 1:6 easier...

that scale IS intentional....

they still havent fixed the "shrinking" error in the factory department. this is how they plan to solve that. :lol

Possible that they sculpt in non standard (meaning not necessarily 1/4 or 1/6) initially? I think Neca does that right?
yeah, NECA does two-ups and tool the sculpts bigger or smaller as needed. most toy companies do that. but i don't think high-end collectible companies like SSC or HT have ever done it that i've heard of. what's in that pic is probably what we're getting.

It does look 1:5. But it does not look anywhere near the Neca height and the figure does look like it needs majorly trimmed so im assuming a chunky AVP.

Yeah, if I had to give an answer on whether I think its 1/6 or 1/4 or would go with 1/6 as like you said, it needs some major trimming.

I don't at all. I think the lost's wont be touched but ones that have not yet seen a figure may. We only get to see a lost every year or so and at the current rate we still have 5 years to come before we have the entire clan. So it would be really bad to start over again.

If HT ends up messing up the scale on the "1/4" versions, they will lose a lot of sells. They have to get that right, or else a "1/4" Dutch will end up being smaller then the SS pf. There's no excuse for them to get that wrong when they have the Dutch pf and SS Predator maquette for reference in size.

If HT ends up messing up the scale on the "1/4" versions, they will lose a lot of sells. They have to get that right, or else a "1/4" Dutch will end up being smaller then the SS pf. There's no excuse for them to get that wrong when they have the Dutch pf and SS Predator maquette for reference in size.
Since none of their 1/6 Predators have been accurate in scale..be prepared to be disappointed.

I won't be dissapointed; if anything, it will save me money. Even if they are out of scale, I would still get a Elder and Celtic in 1/5 scale since I know SS is putting out a 1/4 P2 and Wolf.

I bet we get them in a year and a half top two years. They keep speeding through releases.
I'd say the next 4-5 years are going to be fully focused on main characters in 1/6 and 1/4 scale.

@azurepred

If they're much closer to 1/5, the prices better not exceed 325$ or so.

Back