Hot Toys Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AvP, AvP:R 1/6 + 1/4 scale announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scale wise, Id rather have a Predator look too big and look too small.

Too big can be terrible though. My 1/6 vader is a perfect example of that. I can't really put anybody next to him because it becomes glaringly obvious how oversized he is....

Too big can be terrible though. My 1/6 vader is a perfect example of that. I can't really put anybody next to him because it becomes glaringly obvious how oversized he is....

I think Vader looks fine next to some. But you are right, he makes others look like midgets. I think Vader is just a little too tall. I think a Predator or Xenomorph would look more intimidating and would work if a little bigger.

i don't see why anybody would be upset. it's not like HT is going from always using accurate scale to suddenly not. i can't think of one pred they've made so far that's the right size.
I agree, which is why I'm implying that they have a chance to do it right this time around.
Since they are revisiting predators that they already have figures for, I see this as their "second" attempt. A chance for them to address just one of the inaccuracies of their previous figures.

Alas, issues with scale have never hurt their sales in the past and, as you've suggested, likely will not suddenly change. :(

If HT ends up messing up the scale on the "1/4" versions, they will lose a lot of sells. They have to get that right, or else a "1/4" Dutch will end up being smaller then the SS pf. There's no excuse for them to get that wrong when they have the Dutch pf and SS Predator maquette for reference in size.
Although I disagree that they will lose a lot of sales, I do agree that they should address the scale issue. Otherwise, it's like they are making the same mistake all over again. :slap

Unless, this is a part of their "master plan". Maybe they will continue to re-release the predator line of figures with only incremental improvements each time. :thud:

I agree, sometimes I feel this is why the HT super preds were released slightly smaller than the proto types advertised.

I think Vader looks fine next to some. But you are right, he makes others look like midgets. I think Vader is just a little too tall. I think a Predator or Xenomorph would look more intimidating and would work if a little bigger.

Right now I have him next to my Friday the 13th Jason pt. 7 custom (custom= made to look larger) and Vader has a full inch on him. Your right though, preds may look alright a bit bigger.

I agree, sometimes I feel this is why the HT super preds were released slightly smaller than the proto types advertised.

I would not be surprised if you were right.

If they're much closer to 1/5, the prices better not exceed 325$ or so.

Prepare to be paying over that I'd say. I have a feeling the price on these is going to be a shocker to us.

the same mistake all over again. :slap

The problem is that Hot Toys uses one body for several characters. So if the body is too short or too big, every released figure will have the same body. Hot Toys has always done this, I really can't see them scultping a new body everytime for a new Predator.

One would hope Hot Toys deems the AVP and Wolf bodies unique enough not to use the more-classic builds.

You say that now :)
Wait till they release finished proto pics

Nope. I really do not like the look of 1/4 no matter have well it is done. Looks more toyish to me even if it has more detail. I wound prefer I statue in that size if I liked that scale.

I preferred something this big to be statue too, however oversized figure isn't so bad IF it has well-designed body and cloths that can covered up all joints, or has ultra-amazing details. Look at EB T800 for example.
But with pred, which has almost no cloths to covered up all visible joints? I will wait and see about that.

I have the NECA 1/4 scale P1 and I think he looks great, there are flaws with it though. But I don't know if I would pay 4 or 5 times more to get one that is a little bit more detailed. It seems a bit :cuckoo: to me. But then I prefer 1/6 anyways...

The only joints I can think of being a problem to hide on the P1 is the joints that connect the legs to the body.

I would buy a 1/4 P1 and maybe a Dutch and thats it for me Predator wise. I would also buy a 1/4 T1 T800 and Endoskelleton(hopefully something like diecast metal though, or no buy from me) and a Giger alien.
I think that would be my limit in 1/4 as I think thats too much already.

Nope, no chances. Cry over. Bring more qs for irresponsible abyss of this thread.

I would buy a 1/4 P1 and maybe a Dutch and thats it for me Predator wise. I would also buy a 1/4 T1 T800 and Endoskelleton(hopefully something like diecast metal though, or no buy from me) and a Giger alien.
I think that would be my limit in 1/4 as I think thats too much already.

Those are all excellent choices. Probably all I'd need in 1/4 as well. Maybe Robocop too. I don't know.

Back