Hot Toys Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AvP, AvP:R 1/6 + 1/4 scale announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be happy if they just released the Whiplash/Barney Ross body as a truetype. There are a few figures including Dutch that I'd like to transfer over to that body.

Will anyone be upset if these figures are not true to scale?
This is a great opportunity for HT to make good in this department.

However, that 1/4 AVP does appear to be short.
There is no way to really tell without a good reference, but I'm just basing my assumption using his hands.

..but 87 Arnold & 2010 Stallone, have body types that couldn't be more polar opposites. :monkey1

That may be true, but they use base bodies for these things and I think that body would probably work best for figures the size of Dutch and Chris Redfield at this point. Perhaps they'll make an even better one in the future, but for now that one seems to be the best option. I'd like a Dutch to exact Arnold 1987 standards, but realistically, I'd just be happy to have one that has a muscular body that won't be in danger of cracking and degrading in the future.

Did some more thinking about how I'll do this in case HT doesn't put out a 1/4 P2. Maybe just owning P1 and Dutch in that scale will be enough, then I'll pick up any 1/6 remakes along the way... unless the only way HT returns to older characters is in 1/4, in which case I'm still screwed; let me put it this way: if they don't remake the Elder or Scar in 1/6 but they do it in 1/4, I'm going to want them.

Ach, need to stop worrying about this. The sooner we get some specific news, the better.

Im passing all 1/4 scale Predator figures because they are going to be too expensive and I have already Neca 1/4 scale Predator. Im going to get at least one 1/6 scale Predator figure not sure wich one.

so are they gonna remake the original predator in 1/6 scale too?

They're remaking P2, one of two classic and most beloved Predators.
What makin yo think that they woldn't remake another one? It can't be questioned :)

Well I just saw the other thread with a pic of a new P2 prototype so I guess it could be true about 1/6 remakes.

My reaction to this news is...I'm tired....theres just so much..I don't know how much more of this I can really buy.

Totally, i feel exactly the same way. i think i may sell all of my predators. i got them all. this is a very cool line but i feel uncomfortable with this news at all.

This is the perfect opportunity for Hot Toys to make them accurate and true to scale. I really hope this is the case...

However they may just stick to their old Predator formula and we will just end up with bigger versions of what we already have; great works of art but still short in accuracy and scale.

However, that 1/4 AVP does appear to be short.
There is no way to really tell without a good reference, but I'm just basing my assumption using his hands.
i don't see why anybody would be upset. it's not like HT is going from always using accurate scale to suddenly not. i can't think of one pred they've made so far that's the right size.

I was thinking last night that if ht decided to go out of business (or had to I should say), I personally wouldn't be too sad lol. Sure someone would probably soon pick up the artists and the beast would live on, but my point was that I sure am at a point where you realize this is a never ending hobby and any belief that I am going to have self discipline is just an excuse. Let's face it, more figures will be coming out, an they will get better and better. You will keep feeling the need to buy them, even if you only collect certain lines (as better figures from that line will come out). Ive seen those getting out sales threads and I am not sure when or if I will hit the threshold and finally quit haha....until then I guessing game continues.

Yeah, I imagine these will be bigger in size like the Classic, but will not be in exactly accurate scale with each other or the humans. Hot Toys uses base bodies and doesn't sculpt specific bodies for each character, so there's always going to be some scale discrepancy between releases. I'm cool with it.

Yeah, I imagine these will be bigger in size like the Classic, but will not be in exactly accurate scale with each other or the humans. Hot Toys uses base bodies and doesn't sculpt specific bodies for each character, so there's always going to be some scale discrepancy between releases. I'm cool with it.
they should make a body based on KPH. make that one 15"-16" for the 3 preds he played and use a shorter/skinnier 13"-14" body for the Lost clan preds.

that's like 12 figures all to scale with each other and only 2 base bodies used. instead of the 5 or so bodies we have now, none of which are the right size.

Back