Hot Toys Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AvP, AvP:R 1/6 + 1/4 scale announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Predator 1/4 scale announcement

Sell them now and you will almost be able to buy two remakes with the money you get from just one of your preds.

I hear you, but it took a lot of time to save up for the ones I have, and it was fantastic to finally own them....I really don't think it would be the same if I sold them now just for a profit when even though these new ones could be great, there will probably also be faults.
I'll stick with what I have for now.

I may have to revert to my original mission statement years ago - P1 and P2 only. This is all just too much for my wallet. I know it won't all come out at once but even over the long haul - and it will come out alongside other must haves from other licenses no doubt. I will definitely want the 1/6 P2 remake - and I'll quite possibly be tempted into the 1/4 scales and those will cost a ____ing fortune.

Early days yet but I may be selling a bunch of things I didn't think I'd be selling.

Last edited:
I think the preds will be great in 1/4 but Dutch should either come first or last cuz human characters in this scale will def become a regret. especially at the pricepoint. Tony stark for example at 1/6 scale you could bash with the trutype and a suit for cheap but in 1/4 scale there's just no resources out there even Bruce lee in the suit is still available at discount.
sounds good on paper but for the space and price it costs Dutch is just a bad idea.
preds will always be a money maker. HT needs to do some new licenses

Where does it say they're remaking these guys in 1/6th?

"We are going to announce this great news now - we are bringing to fans not only the 1/6th scale, but also the 1/4th scale collectible figures of the Predator movie series - Predator, Predator 2, Predators, Alien vs. Predator (AVP) and Aliens vs Predator – Requiem (AVPR)!"

^that sentence doesn't necessarily refer to 1/6 remakes. It could be the language barrier coming into play and they simply mean 'in addition to the 1/6 figures we have already made we will now be producing 1/4 scale Predators'

:nono

You're wrong dude.. they refer to 1/6 scale figures and remakes aswell :wink1:

Predator 2 1/6 scale (remake)

2a5ae76.jpg

:panic::panic:

form Toyworld:
https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=37044

Last edited:
I've never understood the logic that if a company releases new figures or statues of the same character it automatically means you have to sell the one before it. Just because other people can get something that's apparently better than what you already have doesn't mean it sucks.
I'd only sell the original's if I could get extra cash and get the new and improved versions. If you don't want new things , just don't get them.

If you were happy with your figures yeterday why aren't you now ?. :dunno

Imagine you guys were collecting phones or something similar , a new one comes out every day.

Hot toys want to make money , it's that simple. This looks like a massive improvement to me also so I'm all for seeing them pushing the boundaries forward and ignoring people who are mad.

Look at it from this point of view , hot toys released the avp predators. What were they ? , $80.00 ?. :lol

These new ones will probably be $250.00 +.
They've improved their techniques over the years , the price reflects that ( with more added because they can ) and now they want to please the fans by making better versions of some of their most popular figures.

One thing I can understand though is people complaining they're sticking to the same lines. Especially when they've promised others.

A new 1/6 Hicks , P2 , P2 Elder , Geiger Alien ( not terrible this time ) , and Aliens alien this year and I'd be happy. :D

I've never understood the logic that if a company releases new figures or statues of the same character it automatically means you have to sell the one before it. Just because other people can get something that's apparently better than what you already have doesn't mean it sucks.

Good post. True. My motivation if I sell anything as a result of this announcement though would just be that I can't afford to own every single HT predator. If I want this new one, I'll have to sell a previous one to afford it. At the moment I'm thinking I might sell my Rodriguez 'Predators' and Wolf and stick to P1 and P2 only. Hard choices lie ahead. If we can call choices related to toys 'hard'. Shut up they are!

Well it's official, I'm moving over to 1/4. I said the only thing I'll collect in 1/4 is Preds & now it's happening. Can't wait :D

Back