Hot Toys Predator 2 - (battle damaged version) full spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mask itself will be peacemeal'd out on eBay once its released....really no hair off a collector's head. I wanted to add this to my collection but with the 3 PF onslaught of tonight's newsletter I passed. I'll just look forward to Wolf

I'm so confused...

SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE EDITION
The Sideshow Exclusive version of the Battle Damaged Predator 2 model kit includes an additional accessory - a battle damaged Predator mask!

Hot Toys' series of Alien and Predator figures continues with the announcement of the fully poseable 14-inch tall figure of the battle damaged Predator scarred by the warfare in Predator 2.

The Battle Damaged Predator Movie Masterpiece figure includes:

Highly detailed body armor
Real fabric body net
Bone trophies
Full arsenal of weaponry
Interchangeable open/closed teeth
Interchangeable original/battle damaged left arm
Interchangeable sets of hands
Removable medical kit with individual small tools inside
Display base with Predator film logo
Sideshow Exclusive: battle damaged Predator mask!

But if it's additional, then why aren't the breathing mask and alien skull not listed? But then again, why aren't they listed in the regular Battle Damaged Predator 2 (even though they are pictured -- and why aren't they pictured on the Exlusive edition?)? Adding to the confusing, I'm used to Sideshow Regular editions not offered until the Exclusive editions (which offer additional accessories) have sold out... :confused::confused::confused:

I'm so confused...

The Sideshow Exclusive version of the Battle Damaged Predator 2 model kit includes an additional accessory - a battle damaged Predator mask!

Hot Toys' series of Alien and Predator figures continues with the announcement of the fully poseable 14-inch tall figure of the battle damaged Predator scarred by the warfare in Predator 2.

Real fabric body net
Bone trophies
Full arsenal of weaponry

But if it's additional, then why aren't the breathing mask and alien skull not listed? But then again, why aren't they listed in the regular Battle Damaged Predator 2 (even though they are pictured -- and why aren't they pictured on the Exlusive edition?)? Adding to the confusing, I'm used to Sideshow Regular editions not offered until the Exclusive editions (which offer additional accessories) have sold out... :confused::confused::confused:

alien skull is listed :lol

I'm so confused...

Real fabric body net
Bone trophies (Alien Bone Trophy falls in here?)
Full arsenal of weaponry (Breathing Mask might fall in here?)

I think that the one with the damaged Bio, as everything the other one does, PLUS the Damaged Bio.

I ordered the one with the Battle damaged Bio, anyway. I also brought a loose undamaged Bio Helm from the V1 figure, off eBay. So I have the full figure with full accessories on the way! Woot!

Sat on the fence with the first release, only got the Elder. So I'm happy with this development! :D

Last edited:
I hope so. I might have paniced. I'm just so used to seeing Hot Toys withhold something only to give it in a different release.

Got me a loose bio helmet off eBay, too. Woot, indeed! We are set!

I ordered both just in case one of them has something that the other does not - I will end up keeping whichever one has the most accessories and canceling the other - I just wish the details that SSC put up were more clear, maybe they will change them and update it so that it is clearer for us.

But I concur, the breathing mask definitely takes priority over the damaged mask.

This figure is gonna be great!

I think that the one with the damaged Bio, as everything the other one does, PLUS the Damaged Bio.

I ordered the one with the Battle damaged Bio, anyway. I also brought a loose undamaged Bio Helm from the V1 figure, off eBay. So I have the full figure with full accessories on the way! Woot!

Sat on the fence with the first release, only got the Elder. So I'm happy with this development! :D

You'll be missing one thing, the Jerry Lambert skull and spine trophy that the first one had. Though you could make a good substitute fairly cheap with the Bones Book and Skeleton set. In fact, I'm nearly 100% certain that Hot Toys copied the skull from the set with a little modification to make it a single piece. Too bad they didn't do that with the spine part of it.

Here's the thing I think we need to pay attention to...

They're both the same price. I don't think SS is going to give us a battle damaged helmet PLUS everything that was included with the original battle damaged version for the exact same price. That damaged helmet is taking the place of something.

Here's the thing I think we need to pay attention to...

They're both the same price. I don't think SS is going to give us a battle damaged helmet PLUS everything that was included with the original battle damaged version for the exact same price. That damaged helmet is taking the place of something.

Not to be rude, but that exactly what 99% of Sideshow exclusives DO, they give us something extra for free as an incentive to order through them. The only time I can remember Sideshow charging extra for the exclusive version was with the Mynock with Bespin Han (and that was 5 bucks).

As for the skeleton, it's hanging on the back of both reg. and exc. Battle-Damaged Pred. so I feel safe in believing it's included.

Precisely. That's what Sideshow exclusives are. They have an extra item that you get in addition to the normal things you get, and their entire purpose is to entice people into ordering directly from Sideshow, rather than from a dealer at a discount. Now, I don't think we've ever seen a Hot Toys item have an exclusive like this (correct me if I'm wrong) so it's possible that they're going to be doing it in a different way, but it seems very unlikely.

Anyone on the fence better decide quick. Sideshow has already posted their cute little "quantities left" icon which means there are about 70 left out of the original 500. I must admit, with the time of the season and the cost of the figure, I didn't expect them to sell them this quickly.

P.S. For the ones concerned about whether the Battle-Damaged Mask is replacing the breathing mask, this is what Sideshow lists (quoted verbatim):

If it was replacing an item, it would say alternative item. Sure, it's possible that's a misprint, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Back