Hot Toys Predator 2 - (battle damaged version) full spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh, the first and thrid pictures of her are good, though she look way too skinny in the second picture.

Okay, I will freely admit that those responses completely invalidate other things he has said in the past. Not sure why he would flip-flop so much, but I will take your word on the commentary.
However, I really don't care what he said. I won't let his flip-flopping affect the way I interpret the films. No where does it say in P1 or P2 that those guys were "kids" running around. No where in AVP does it state those Preds are "elites"/older. So, I say ignore his comments. The logic of the comics caste system works with the film, even if he doesn't agree with it.

Like I said, AVP is not a great film. However, it is an enjoyable, if average film. I am hoping for greatness with AVPR, but we will have to see what we get.

I didnt go through the info to counter act what you said, i just wanted to show you all that he really does talk **** lol. No doubt AVPR will be better man

Hey, Jamal...I just noticed the change in your sig...

Kickass line you got there...

As for Milla, give me her in that dress from Resident Evil...with those boots...

:drool:drool:drool

Lol thanks man, some dude from another forum stole my Green Predator sig i made and hes using it, im not happy to say the least

Id advise you incorporate your username into any signature you make, that should take care of the theft problem. Nice work on those sigs too, they look great.

Okay, I will freely admit that those responses completely invalidate other things he has said in the past. Not sure why he would flip-flop so much, but I will take your word on the commentary.
However, I really don't care what he said. I won't let his flip-flopping affect the way I interpret the films. No where does it say in P1 or P2 that those guys were "kids" running around. No where in AVP does it state those Preds are "elites"/older. So, I say ignore his comments. The logic of the comics caste system works with the film, even if he doesn't agree with it.

Like I said, AVP is not a great film. However, it is an enjoyable, if average film. I am hoping for greatness with AVPR, but we will have to see what we get.

In the "uncut" version Alexa says directly that the Preds are teenagers. One could assume that since part of the ritual was to get their plasma casters, that the P1 and P2 Preds are older, since they already have the guns.

In the "uncut" version Alexa says directly that the Preds are teenagers. One could assume that since part of the ritual was to get their plasma casters, that the P1 and P2 Preds are older, since they already have the guns.

You could assume that, but I don't believe that to be the case.

The plasma casters they went for in AvP I think were strictly part of that hunt. It seemed like they were supposed to go to that room, get their guns, and as the last one is taken, it triggers the eggs to begin in the sacrificial chamber, and the process to begin.

I'd think since the guns were there in the beginning, if the hunt had gone right, they'd have left them there for the next group 100 years later.

Though, you could be onto something, like that they'd have to survive to earn their own gun. Who knows? I still feel like because of his weaponry, and his somewhat grizzled look, that the predator in P2 was the oldest thus far.

You could assume that, but I don't believe that to be the case.

The plasma casters they went for in AvP I think were strictly part of that hunt. It seemed like they were supposed to go to that room, get their guns, and as the last one is taken, it triggers the eggs to begin in the sacrificial chamber, and the process to begin.

I'd think since the guns were there in the beginning, if the hunt had gone right, they'd have left them there for the next group 100 years later.

Though, you could be onto something, like that they'd have to survive to earn their own gun. Who knows? I still feel like because of his weaponry, and his somewhat grizzled look, that the predator in P2 was the oldest thus far.

True, most of our comments on the movies are speculation based on comic lore and other materials. But, I actually like that. I think too many directors and writers of Sci-Fi and Horror now-a-days feel the need to explain EVERYTHING in a film. A good artist creates something, then lets the patron interpret the art for themselves. That's what I love about the earlier Alien and Predator films (yeah, I know some wouldn't call those films art, but they are to me). The creature was just there and the hero had to deal with it .. no extrapolation or flashback to some earlier time. Because lets face it - everything in life doesn't always get explained to us. Life is about reacting to stimuli ... understanding the stimuli is secondary.
All this got me to thinking ... the DVD age has really hurt this aspect of movies. We used to get a movie and that was about it with VHS. Maybe a few deleted scenes but nothing else. Now that we get all these featurettes and commentaries, we are inundated in information. And, far too many directors on the commentaries want to tell us how to feel about or interpret the movie. Don't get me wrong, I love DVD features. It's just they are a double-edged sword.

I also always assumed they were there (teenagers) to earn their "manhood" which was symbolized by the guns. True, they may have put them back and received proper plasma cannons later. However, the test was to put them in the middle of hell and see if they could fight their way out with the guns - almost trophies in themselves. This aspect is very reminiscent of earlier man before he became sedentary and other later war-based societies (Spartans, etc.)

There really hasn't been enough backstory to assume anything...

We need some comics explaining the backstory to this stuff...

Not some flashback in the middle of the film that ruined the whole concept of everything...

I do like the ancient predator though...there are two different figs of him...which one is the film accurate one? The asia one or the other one?

I do like the ancient predator though...there are two different figs of him...which one is the film accurate one? The asia one or the other one?

The Asia Exclusive is the more screen accurate one. Also if you want to get real picky, he does not come with a thermal detonator gauntlet.

Do you mean the "Preds brought us Technology" part, or the "Antartica has the lost civilization" part? If the latter, it is not BS. Not provable yet, but there has been a lot of academic work and theorizing about Antartica being positioned differently and having a lost civilization akin to Atlantis. There is evidence of another lost civilization in Asia also.

But if you mean the former, yes, BS. That sort of implication really demeans what we have accomplished as humans by ourselves.

I liked AVP for what it was and that is the way we as the audience have to take films. We have to judge by what IS presented, not what we WANTED the film to be. If we all got the film we wanted, I think there would be hundreds of versions of the AVP film, running the gamut from Preds carrying teddy bears to a bloodfest that would make Manson blush. That goes with ANY film series. Hell MY version of the SW prequels would have been hella different than what we got. But then again, George didn't ask me :). As to the Bishop in Alien3, not necessarily a contradiction. Perhaps the AVP Weyland had children? And the A3 was his decendant? I am reaching I know...

As far as the BD P2, I will get one and part him out, keeping the bits I want :)

The Chariots of the Gods thing is the theory that aliens came down and assisted man in building early societies and creating religions. More specifically building or giving the knowledge to build the pyramids in Egypt, Cambodia, and Central and South America.
It's just an over used Sci-Fi concept that is completely unoriginal. I could tolerate it in Stargate but I don't want hack Science Fiction mixed into my favorite Predator or Alien universes. And I dislike the concept mostly because it does diminish human achievement and is based on very little scientific evidence.

The Sideshow exclusive still comes with the breathing mask right? It doesnt have a full listing of what the SS exc. comes with. I assume it will come with everything the regular does?

That 'battle-damaged' mask isn't accurate. In the movie, the mask doesn't get scratched or dented, not even when Harrigan hit's it with bullets from his M16.

Thanks, but I'll stick with my regular P2 Predator.

Breathing Apparatus > Bio Helmet anyday!

The head sculpt and arm etc is why im after it, itll look sweet with his bloodied arm and holding the breathing apparatus in the other hand

The exclusive should be identical to the regular, just that it comes with the additional mask like any other Sideshow exclusive right? Too steep for my blood, but Severed anythings are always cool. :D

The battle damaged mask is just an exclusive accessory, who cares if it's movie accurate or not. It's something fun.

And yes, the Exc. comes with everything that the regular does.

Back