Hot Toys Predator 2 - (battle damaged version) full spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can do that

Predator 2 - Released
Predator 2 Battle Damaged - Pending
Predator 2 Battle Damaged Exclusive - Pending

I think 1 Variant of a figure is enough imo.

Put down my Preorder for the Exclusive version of this figure. Been wanting to get the reg Pred 2 for awhile but now that this is coming out Ill just wait. But now Im worried about the RPD Leon, Spook Zombie, Shaun of the Dead/Ed, and Swat Zombie.....so much money

I like the interchangeable mouths/mandibles!!! Hopefully they hold rather well, that's really a good idea instead of different heads. I might have a reason to leave my Predator unmasked then! :lol

You can do that

Predator 2 - Released
Predator 2 Battle Damaged - Pending
Predator 2 Battle Damaged Exclusive - Pending

I think 1 Variant of a figure is enough imo.

I don't see the BD Predator 2 as two separate figures. I mean, are the Jedi Luke and Jedi Luke with exc. barge blaster considered 2 different figures? No. So, technically, they have released a single variant. The broken mask is just an extra item in the first 500 sold to SSC. I am not going to argue that HT stuff is too pricey some of the times. And, the prices went up AFTER they joined with Sideshow and started selling more in the US. However, I can't fault them for doing a variant. They could pump out another couple of thousand of the regular Preds, and risk alienating their fans (you know, the "edition size" fodder). Why? Just release a variant to help those who don't want to pay 2nd market pricing. I would imagine the 500 battle damaged masks for SSC is just a way to thank them for their business partnership. Either way, I don't get the anger.

Its not anger, its just an opinion like i said i dont care for the battle damaged mask and the normal variant suits me fine :)

You'll be missing one thing, the Jerry Lambert skull and spine trophy that the first one had. Though you could make a good substitute fairly cheap with the Bones Book and Skeleton set. In fact, I'm nearly 100% certain that Hot Toys copied the skull from the set with a little modification to make it a single piece. Too bad they didn't do that with the spine part of it.

This figure has Jerry Lambert skull and spine trophy... You can see the the tail of the spine in this picture, it's strapped to his back!
63381_press02-001.jpg

So, essentially, this is a better version of the original release. Since it comes with everything the original came with PLUS extra stuff. It even has a better face sculpt. :rotfl

I'm glad I didn't get the first one now. I'm not missing out on this one, that's for sure.

Even if I do have the first one, I'll be getting the BD version for sure! Looks way to awesome not to buy it!

Yep, i caved in and ordered this sucka. Having them both will look cool side by side
:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

Oh, they got you so good, man. But you've got plenty of company, bro! I caved and ordered the exclusive from Sideshow. If he's got all the stuff the regular one does plus the busted up mask to boot, for the same price, then why the hell not. What I really want is that medkit, the respirator mask, and of course that wicked alien skull!!!

So what's the final story here? Does the Sideshow Exclusive come with BOTH the helmet AND the respirator? Or not?

Sheeeee-it! This is the exact same question I was asking pages ago... and it seems we're still no closer to a definite answer. I went ahead and ordered the exclusive from SSC based on the assumption that ALL the stuff is included with it, even though the product blurb didn't specifically mention it, nor did the photos show it. "I'm so CONFUSED...my brain hurts!" :lol

Anyway, I sure hope to hell it does come with everything, cause I'd much rather have the respirator mask than the cracked bio-mask, if it turns out to be a one-or-the-other choice! Perhaps it is time to ask Sideshow directly and see if they know what the deal is...
:taz :taz :taz

Back